Looking for a last minute gift option for the runner in your life? Are you a runner and need to give family members gift ideas? Here are some great gifts for runners.
1. Food subscriptions:
Runners like to eat, whether it is healthy or junk food, and they spend so much time running that they don’t have time to get to the grocery store all of the time.
There are healthy options such as Thrive that offers healthy snack options, home and beauty products that ship directly to their door. Daily Harvest offers quick smoothies, bowls, soup and other options that you can offer a gift card or gift a box.
For people who are looking to try new things there is a Universal Yums box that has snacks from a different country each month, bacon of the month club from Zingerman’s or even a coffee subscription for the caffeine obsessed friend.
2. DoorDash, Whole Foods, or local restaurant gift cards:
This is perfect for the running friend who is busy squeezing in training while balancing all of life’s other responsibilities.
Whole Foods offers a convenient and delicious selection of hot bar and salad bar items. DoorDash is the perfect option for a variety of local delivery options, and you can’t go wrong supporting a favorite local restaurant by gifting a gift card.
3. Race entry
Gift an experience! Whether they’re looking for a local race or a destination race for a beginner or veteran runner/multisport athlete, TriviumRacing.com has 30+ events that would make the perfect gift. You can sign up a friend for any race at triviumracing.com/events and print (or forward) the confirmation email for a quick and easy gift option.
Find a list of recommended races at the end of this blog.
4. Massage, physical therapy, or sports chiropractic gift certificate from local business:
Every runner can use some help with working out sore muscles, increasing strength and mobility and dealing with nagging injuries. A gift certificate to one of these places shows how much you care and gives them time to take care of their bodies.
For Michiganders, Team Rehabilitation has options for physical therapy throughout Michigan. If you joined us for events in 2022, you may have met Dr Couls from Milford’s location who specializes in running related injuries.
5. Running gear or gift certificate to a local running store:
Runners love running shoes, apparel, and accessories. You can’t go wrong with a gift card for your runner’s favorite running store.
Fleet Feet has a gift guide for runners that helps you pick out the perfect gift and helps to break it down into categories such as gifts for trail runners, gifts for beginner runners, gifts for triathletes and more.
6. Training plans or coaching:
Having a coach and a plan can help your runner achieve their goals. It gives them someone to tell them what to do, help them out with setbacks, and be their cheerleader.
There are in-person coaches as well as online, so there are options for everyone. While some virtual run coaches may not have gift cards available, an option would be to connect with a coach and pre-pay for X amount of months for your friend. Some coaches also offer options for a one-time consultation and creation of a training plan.
7. Gym membership:
Give the gift motivation to train through the winter with a gym membership! This will allow your runner to break up outdoor running with indoor workout options. Even better, sign up with a family member or friend and you can encourage each other and hold the other accountable.
There are your traditional gyms where you can lift weights, do the treadmill, etc. or you can pick something different such as Orangetheory Fitness or Burn Bootcamp. We previously mentioned how Orangetheory Fitness benefits runners.
Our Top Race Gift Picks:
Above we listed gifting a race experience! Whether they’re looking for a local race or a destination race for a beginner or veteran runner/multisport athlete, TriviumRacing.com has 30+ events that would make the perfect gift. You can sign up a friend for any race at triviumracing.com/events and print (or forward) the confirmation email for a quick and easy gift option.
Our top race gift picks are as follows:
- For your triathlete: High Point Sprint Triathlon (NC) in August is a favorite for beginners and a great option for veterans looking to test their speed.
- For your Michigan runner: Prove It 5K & 10K in April is the FIRST race of Michigan’s Mega Medal Series. This is a six race series where all medals magnetically connect to create one ultimate Mega Medal. By giving your runner the first race in the Medal Series, they have the option to complete the whole series!
- For your North Carolina runner: Pig Pounder 5K in April is the FIRST race of North Carolina’s Road Mega Medal Series and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (WTF) in January is the first race of North Carolina’s Trail Mega Medal Series. By giving your runner the first race in the Medal Series, they have the option to complete the whole series!
- For your beer-loving runner: You can’t go wrong with Detroit’s Growler Gallop 10 Mile & 5K at Atwater Brewery in September and Greensboro’s Growler Gallop 10K & 5K. Both races include beer tickets in registration along with beer-themed swag items and awards. Michigan’s Growler Gallop is part of Michigan’s Mega Medal Series and North Carolina’s Growler Gallop is part of North Carolina’s Road Mega Medal Series
- For destination adventure runner: May’s Highball to Thurmond Ultra & Relay or October’s End of the Road Half Marathon & Four Miler are what you’re looking for! Highball to Thurmond offers a 50 Mile Relay and 50 Mile and 55K ultramarathon options. This is quickly becoming a beginner ultramarathon favorite. Participants race through New River Gorge National Park while racing a train to the finish line. 50 Mile Relay and 50 Mile participants have the option to take a train ride back to the start line. End of the Road is a fall destination event which takes participants through miles of underground tunnels along Pennsylvania’s Abandoned Turnpike. When you’re not racing through the tunnels, you’ll experience breathtaking views of Pennsylvania’s fall foliage.
- For your ultramarathoner: Pilot Mountain to Hanging Rock Ultra & Relay on September 30! This event has sold out annually since 2020 for very good reasons.
- For a unique race experience: Michigan and North Carolina’s Moonlight Bootlegger 5K is on year eleven! This 5k trail race takes place after dark for a moonlit trail adventure. There is live music, post-race moonshine cocktails, and the course is lined with hundreds of tea-lights to guide you to the finish line.
- For your runner who is always looking for a big challenge: Seize the day and night by racing twice in one day at Michigan’s Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem Half Marathon & 10K in April or race 100 Miles or 100K along the Outer Banks in March at Blackbeard’s Revenge 100!