The Trivium Multisport Series is growing and evolving! We are bringing you all of your favorite multisport events in the area in one great series. If you are new to the series, this is a fantastic way to sharpen your multisport skills with races of varying distances and terrains. We start the season off with two winter duathlons to get you back in shape for tri season. And then work our way back into the water with a couple of pool-swim triathlons before heading to the open water for the summer. We top the series off with a tri-for-all event that invites you to compete in the division that best suits your skill level and celebrate the multisport life. Complete at least four events in the series and qualify to win one of our excellent series awards!
- Northeast Park Duathlon – Feb. 25, 2017
- Hagan Stone Park Duathlon – Mar. 11, 2017
- Valdese Triathlon – Apr. 8, 2017
- Thomasville All-America City Sprint Tri – Apr. 22, 2017
- Lake Brandt Sprint Triathlon and Nat Greene’s Revenge Off Road Triathlon – June 10, 2017
- High Point Triathlon – Aug. 12, 2017
- Ridgewood Try a Tri for Hospice – Sept. 2, 2017
- North Carolina State Triathlon Championship (double points) – Sept. 17, 2017
The 2017 Season Pass is now sold out. Stay tuned for the 2018 Season Pass to go on sale around November 2017!
Overall top three in the series (male and female) will receive:
- 1st Overall will receive a lifetime free entry to all events in the series the year in which they won!
- 2nd Overall will receive a free entry into all 2017 series events during the 2018 race season.
- 3rd Overall will receive four free entries during the 2018 race season.
Age Group prizes will be awarded to top 3 in each 10 year age group (male and female): 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+.
This year we will also have awards for the top three Clydesdale and Athenas!
- Athletes must compete in a minimum of four events to qualify for a series award.
- Double point events mean that point values will be doubled for that event for award winners.
- Athletes will be awarded points based on their place within their own age group for the event (USAT age group rules apply so that athletes’ age groups will be based on their age at the end of the calendar year). For the North Carolina State Triathlon Championship, everyone will be scored for the series based on this series age group, not the category in which they are scored for the race.
- For series awards, age groups will be based on ten year increments starting 19 and under.
- The Championship event will be the North Carolina State Triathlon Championship.
- Points will be given to the top 10 overall male and female finishers at each race, as well as the top 10 in each 10 year age group (meaning some athletes will get points in both categories at each race). Once all races are complete, the overall series winners will be taken out of their respective age groups and those age group results will be re-calculated.
- Points will start at 500 for first place finishers and decrease by 50 points for each placement. (1st = 500, 2nd = 450, 3rd = 400, etc.)
- Places 11 – 20 will receive 25 points.
- Places 21 and up will receive 10 points.
- Athletes will be scored based on their BEST 6 finishes (if you finish more than 6 events we will take your top 6 scores to decide your finish placement.
- At the end of the season, if there are ties in an age group or overall standings that affect prizes, two tiebreakers will be used.
- The first tiebreaker will be head to head performance. The two tied parties’ finish times will be compared where they competed in the same race and the winner of that particular race will be the winner of the tie.
- If this tiebreaker does not clarify positioning a second tiebreaker, total points across all events, will be implemented.