The Trivium Running Series is back again! Join us for 12 races of varying distances and course types. If you’re looking for variety, challenge, and great events, we’ve got you covered! This year we will run on road, track, and trail, we will complete between 3.1 and 26.2 miles, and we will never be bored with these carefully crafted events. Compete in at least 4 events to be eligible for series awards. We will count your top 6 events towards series points.
The 2017 series is sponsored by Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro/High Point
- Lakeside Trail Race (Double points 15M, Regular points 8M) – Jan. 14, 2017
- Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot Trail Half Marathon* – Feb. 25, 2017
- Northern Trails Marathon and 10 Mile* (Double points Marathon, Regular points 10M) – Mar. 12, 2017
- Hamilton Lakes 10k and 5k* (Double points for 10k, Regular points for 5k) – Mar. 25, 2017
- RunnerDude 10 Mile Challenge* (Double points 10M, Regular points 10k) – Apr. 9, 2017
- Fire on the Track – Apr. 26, 2017
- Declan’s Dash – May 13, 2017
- Greensboro Distilling Speakeasy 5k – May 26, 2017
- Moonlight Bootlegger Trail 5k – July 15, 2017
- Growler Gallop Gibb’s Hundred (Double points 10k, Regular points 5k) – Aug. 27, 2017
- Triad Ten Miler* – Sept. 23, 2017
- Cross Country Classic in Honor of Allison Brown – Oct. 21, 2017
*Medals from these events will fit together in a special series of medals. Complete all 5 races and you will receive a special “Finisher” medal at the end of the year!
The 2017 Season Pass is sold out. Keep an eye out for an announcement in November for the 2018 Season Pass – all the races in the series with one registration form and one low price!
- Athletes must compete in a minimum of four events to qualify for a series award.
- For series awards, age groups will be based on ten year increments starting 19 and under. Participants will be scored in their age group based on their age at the end of 2017.
- The Championship event will be the Cross Country Classic.
- Points will be given to the top 10 overall male and female finishers at each race, as well as the top 10 in each 10 year age group (meaning some athletes will get points in both categories at each race). Once all races are complete, the overall series winners will be taken out of their respective age groups and those age group results will be re-calculated.
- Points will start at 500 for first place finishers and decrease by 50 points for each placement. (1st = 500, 2nd = 450, 3rd = 400, etc.)
- Places 11 – 20 will receive 25 points.
- Places 21 and up will receive 10 points.
- Athletes will be scored based on their BEST 6 finishes (if you win points in more than 6 events, we will take your top 6 scores to decide your finish placement)
- At the end of the season, if there are ties in an age group or overall standings that affect prizes, two tiebreakers will be used.
- The first tiebreaker will be head to head performance. The two tied parties’ finish times will be compared where they competed in the same race and the winner of that particular race will be the winner of the tie.
- If this tiebreaker does not clarify positioning a second tiebreaker, total points across all events, will be implemented.
Overall Top 3 Male and Female Winners:
- 1st Overall will receive a lifetime free entry to all events in the series the year in which they won!
- 2nd Overall will receive a free entry into all 2017 series events during the 2018 race season.
- 3rd Overall will receive four free entries during the 2018 race season.
Top 3 in Each Age Group Series Winners:
- Awards TBD