2018 Series Schedule
The Trivium Running Series is back again! Join us for 16 races of varying distances and course types, including a few new ones for this year. If you’re looking for variety, challenge, and great events, we’ve got you covered! This year we will run on road, track, and trail, we will complete between 3.1 and 26.2 miles, and we will never be bored with these carefully crafted events. Compete in at least 4 events to be eligible for series awards. We will count your top 6 events towards series points.
New for 2018, the Race the Bar Series events will be counted as part of the Trivium Running Series! They will no longer be two separate series, but one excellent series of 16 events, giving you more opportunity to score.
The 2018 series is sponsored by Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro/High Point
The 2018 Season Pass is now available with two great options to get all your registrations set for the year with one simple registration form! This year we have 2 pass options of varying distances, themes, and terrains. One pass will be our traditional Running Series Races and the other will be the Race the Bar events. And if you want to do all 16 races, you can purchase both Season Passes for an additional discount of $30 off! On any races that have more than one distance, the pass defaults to the shorter distance option, but you will be able to select the longer distance option for an additional fee. So here’s what we have –
Season Pass Option 1: Traditional Running Series Races –
- Lakeside Trail Race – Jan. 13, 2018
- Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot Trail Half Marathon – Feb. 25, 2018
- Northern Trails Marathon and 10 Mile – Mar. 11, 2018
- 3.21 Dash for Down Syndrome – Mar. 24, 2018
- RunnerDude 10 Mile & 10k Challenge – Apr. 8, 2018
- Declan’s Dash – May 12, 2018
- Kernesville 4th of July 5k – July 4, 2018
- Moonlight Bootlegger Trail 5k – July 14, 2018
- Hamilton Lakes 10k and 5k – Sept. 22, 2018
- Miles for Matthew 5k and 10k – Sept. 29, 2018
- Frosty 5k – Dec. 2, 2018
Season Pass Option 2: Race the Bar Races –
- Pig Pounder Brewing Co 5k – April 22, 2018
- Brown Truck Brewery 5k – May 20, 2018
- Greensboro Distilling Speakeasy 5k – July 27, 2018
- Gibb’s Hundred Brewery 5k & 10k – Aug. 26, 2018
- Preyer Brewing Co 8k – Nov. 4, 2018
- Race the Bar Crawl – Nov. 18, 2018
- Athletes must compete in a minimum of four events to qualify for a series award.
- For series awards, age groups will be based on ten year increments starting 19 and under. Participants will be scored in their age group based on their age at the end of 2018.
- Points will be given to the top 10 overall male and female finishers at each race, as well as the top 10 in each 10 year age group (meaning some athletes will get points in both categories at each race). Once all races are complete, the overall series winners will be taken out of their respective age groups and those age group results will be re-calculated.
- Points will start at 500 for first place finishers and decrease by 50 points for each placement. (1st = 500, 2nd = 450, 3rd = 400, etc.)
- Places 11 – 20 will receive 25 points.
- Places 21 and up will receive 10 points.
- For events that have two distances, the longer distance will receive double the regular points.
- Athletes will be scored based on their BEST 6 finishes (if you win points in more than 6 events, we will take your top 6 scores to decide your finish placement)
- At the end of the season, if there are ties in an age group or overall standings that affect prizes, two tiebreakers will be used.
- The first tiebreaker will be head to head performance. The two tied parties’ finish times will be compared where they competed in the same race and the winner of that particular race will be the winner of the tie.
- If this tiebreaker does not clarify positioning a second tiebreaker, total points across all events, will be implemented.
Overall Top 3 Male and Female Winners:
- 1st Overall will receive a lifetime free entry to all events in the series the year in which they won!
- 2nd Overall will receive a free entry into all 2017 series events during the 2018 race season.
- 3rd Overall will receive four free entries during the 2018 race season.
Top 3 in Each Age Group Series Winners:
- Awards TBD