We are bringing you all of your favorite multisport events in the area in one great series. If you are new to the series, this is a fantastic way to sharpen your multisport skills with races of varying distances and terrains. We start the season off with a winter duathlon to get you back in shape for tri season. Then we will work our way back into the water with a pool-swim triathlon before heading to the open water for the summer. We top off the series with a multi-event race that will offer something for everyone! Complete at least four events in the series and qualify to win one of our excellent series awards—including free racing for life!
2021 Series Calendar
Multisport Medal Series
Overall top three in the series (male and female) will receive:
- 1st Overall will receive a lifetime free entry to all events in the series the year in which they won!
- 2nd Overall will receive a free entry into all 2021 series events during the 2022 race season.
- 3rd Overall will receive four free entries during the 2022 race season.
Age Group prizes will be awarded to top 3 in each 10 year age group (male and female): 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+.
We will also have awards for the top three Clydesdale and Athena athletes!
- Athletes must compete in a minimum of four events to qualify for a series award.
- Double point events mean that point values will be doubled for that event for award winners.
- Athletes will be awarded points based on their place within their own age group for the event (USAT age group rules apply so that athletes’ age groups will be based on their age at the end of the calendar year). For the North Carolina State Triathlon Championship, everyone will be scored for the series based on this series age group, not the category in which they are scored for the race.
- For series awards, age groups will be based on ten year increments starting 19 and under.
- The Championship event will be the North Carolina State Triathlon Championship.
- Points will be given to the top 10 overall male and female finishers at each race, as well as the top 10 in each 10 year age group (meaning some athletes will get points in both categories at each race). Once all races are complete, the overall series winners will be taken out of their respective age groups and those age group results will be re-calculated.
- Points will start at 500 for first place finishers and decrease by 50 points for each placement. (1st = 500, 2nd = 450, 3rd = 400, etc.)
- Places 11 – 20 will receive 25 points.
- Places 21 and up will receive 10 points.
- Athletes will be scored based on their BEST 6 finishes (if you finish more than 6 events we will take your top 6 scores to decide your finish placement.
- At the end of the season, if there are ties in an age group or overall standings that affect prizes, two tiebreakers will be used.
- The first tiebreaker will be head to head performance. The two tied parties’ finish times will be compared where they competed in the same race and the winner of that particular race will be the winner of the tie.
- If this tiebreaker does not clarify positioning a second tiebreaker, total points across all events, will be implemented.