In the past few years Greensboro has truly become a Triathlon Town with more and more multisport athletes showing up. Our city deserves a top-notch multisport event and Lake Townsend provides the perfect venue. We are excited to have a great spring sprint triathlon for everyone to enjoy!
Come out and swim 750 meters in Lake Townsend, Bike 12.5 miles on the rolling hills northeast of the lake and run a 5K on the shaded streets of Bryan Park!
750 meter swim * 12.5 Mile Bike * 3.1 mile Run
When and Where
Saturday May 8th, 2021
Lake Townsend Marina
6332 Townsend Rd.
Browns Summit , NC 27214
Parking will be available at the many parking lots around Lake Townsend Marina and Bryan Park. Check the athlete guide for more specific parking details.
Schedule of Events
- 6:15 AM Transition Area Opens
- 8:15 AM Transition Area Closes and Athlete Pre-Race Meeting at the Swim Start
- 8:30 AM Race Start
- 10:45 AM Projected Awards Ceremony
- 11:00 AM Course Cut Off for Race
|Event||Through 1/31||Through 3/31||Race Day|
There is a $15.00 one-day license fee for each non-USAT registrant.
NOTE: Photo ID is required for packet pick-up. Everyone must pick up their own race packet.
What You Get With Your Registration
- Custom Race Shirt (shirts only guaranteed for race registrations through 5/1/20)
- Engraved wooden finisher’s medal
- Cool Overall and Age Group Awards
- Live timing and results with 5 splits
- Post race food and drinks
- Entry into Trivium Multisport Series
- Special awards for top three overall male and female finishers. Awards for top three male and female age group placers (age groups every 5 years according to USA Triathlon regulations).
- Age Groups: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
- Award to top 3 Athena, top 3 Clydesdale, top 3 Masters Clydesdale, and top 1 Relay Team
This 20K looped bike course will exit the park and head North through rolling country roads and the Reedy Fork neighborhood.
The 5K road course is an out and back through the shaded golf course adjacent to the marina. There will be one water stop along the course that you will pass twice
This looped 750m swim course will start on the beach and end at the paved boat launch heading straight into Transition Area.
(click the link below to view the swim course map)Course Map
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.