Race the Bar and The Trivium Greensboro Race Series will once again have our very unique Road Bootlegger in 2018. Does the summer heat have you down? Need to wait for the sun to go down to get your run in? We have the perfect race for you!
Join us at the Greensboro Distilling Co and Boxcar Arcade and Bar for a nighttime run through downtown Greensboro, live prohibition-era jazz, and cocktails made of grain-to-glass handcrafted spirits.
This event will take place on very smooth, well lit streets around Greensboro. We still require that all athletes have some form of light on them at all times!
Other Events You May Enjoy:
When and Where
Friday July 27th, 2018
Boxcar Arcade and Bar
120 W Lewis St
Greensboro , NC 27406
Parking will be available in the Railyard lot at the end of Lewis St (access it from Barnhardt St) as well as on streets not being used for the race. Please heed no parking signs on event day.
Please make sure to follow city and private lot parking rules.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pickup, July 26th, 2018
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Fleet Feet Greensboro
Race Day, Friday, July 27th, 2018
- 6:15 – 8:30 pm – Packet Pick-up and Registration (Greensboro Distilling – 115 W Lewis St, Greensboro, NC 27406)
- 7:30 pm – 8:25 pm, and 9:15 pm – 11:00 pm – Live Music
- 8:35pm – Pre Race Meeting
- 8:45pm – Race Start
- 9:10pm Post race drinks start – (Boxcar Arcade – 120 W Lewis St, Greensboro, NC 27406)
- 10:00pm (approximately) – Awards (Greensboro Distilling – 115 W Lewis St, Greensboro, NC 27406)
|Type||Through March 31st||Through May 31st||Through Race Day|
The spectator pass is for those who want to participate in the party without the running! The registration includes two cocktail tickets, a custom glass, and entry to the after-party.
*The cost of racing is going up for everyone (both racers and race directors). We want to make sure every one of our races is accessible to every athlete. If you are not interested in a finisher’s award, alcoholic beverages, or race shirt, please select the economic option to still have an amazing race experience at a much reduced cost without the goodies!
What You Get With Your Registration
- Short-sleeved Race T-shirt (must register by July 18th to guarantee shirt size and availability)
- 2 Handcrafted Cocktails
- A USATF Certified 5k Course
- Entrance to the After Party
- Complimentary Bag/Key Check provided by Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro/High Point
- Finishers Prizes! (there is a unique one for each race in the Race the Bar Series. )
- The race will be hosted by both Greensboro Distilling and Boxcar Arcade, which are across the street from each other. All of our post-race cocktails will be made with Greensboro Distilling’s Fainting Goat Spirits and will be available at Boxcar Arcade. They will be hosting the post race prohibition-themed party!
The race will be chip timed.
Awards to the top 3 overall males and top 3 overall females. Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: 20 and under, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+.
Points will also be awarded to Running Club and Corporate Teams towards the series cup.
This route is going to be a lot of fun! Bring out a flashlight or headlamp and join us along the course. These are smooth, safe roads for running and should be perfect for a nighttime event! There will be signs at each corner and a water stop at the halfway point.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer