The Growler Gallop 5K and 10K at Gibbs will again be a part of the Race the Bar Series. This means not only will all 5K and 10K finishers be getting their finishers glass but an awesome bear bottle opener medal as well! Enjoy two of the best microbrews around and great live music following the event while you wait for the best awards in the Triad….MORE BEER! Prizes for overall and age group in the 10K will be Growlers of Gibbs finest beer.
When and Where
Sunday August 28th, 2016
Gibbs Hundred Brewing Company
117 West Lewis Street
Greensboro , NC 27406
Half of the Railyard parking lot will be used for the event itself and the other half will be available for parking. Please leave time to park in parking structures and side streets nearby. Make sure not to park on the course where no parking signs have been placed.
Schedule of Events
Race Day Schedule:
- 2:30 – 4:40pm – Athlete registration and packet pickup
- 5:00 pm – 10k race start
- 5:10 pm – 5k race start
- 6:30 pm – Awards
|Type||First 50 registrants!||Through April 11th||Through June 12th||Through race day|
What You Get With Your Registration
- A custom Growler Gallop Shirt (must register by August 12th to guarantee a shirt)
- Two tickets for Gibbs Hundred Beer (must be 21 years old or older)
- Entry to live music
- A custom finishers medal
- A custom Race the Bar finishers glass
- Complimentary Bag/Key Check provided by Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro/High Point
- Finisher’s awards will be given to all finishers of the 10K and 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the 10K Race only (no age group awards for the 5K distance): 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- 1st place in 10K age groups: A growler of Gibb’s Hundred’s finest beer! (under 21 awards will vary)
- 2nd and 3rd place in 10K age group: Unique local and/or beer-related prizes!
- Points towards the Running Club and Corporate Team Cup
Same great course from 2015! The 5k course will a single circuit of the 10k course. It is one of the most interesting 5k courses downtown Greensboro has seen!
10 Kilometer Course
The race will start and finish at South Elm’s newest microbrewery – Gibb’s Hundred. The 10k course will take you on a two loop tour of downtown Greensboro and past some of its beautiful and historic landmarks and homes. We have worked to make this one of the flattest courses you can squeeze out of this hilly city, only 152 feet of elevation gain! The unique shape of the course also allows runners to catch a glimpse of their competition at a few points along the way.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer