We at Trivium Racing are still working hard to make sure we have a great event for you in November. While planning continues, athletes should be aware that the potential for cancellation or postponement still exists due to Covid-19. There are also certain modifications that may be made to mitigate the health risks posed by large group events if the event does go forward. We may be in unfamiliar territory, but trust that we will do everything we can to have a safe and fun event as promised. Please make sure you are aware of our refund policy (found both on the registration page and under our rules page) prior to signing up. We hope to see everyone on November 21st, 2020!
Year one was a big success, and we are looking forward to an even better second year! Due to the challenges of hosting an event during a global pandemic, there are several changes and new rules in place for a 2020 event. As of 10/21/2020, we have permission from all parties to host an in person Half Marathon and 5k!
The 2020 event will be a point-to-point Half Marathon from Greensboro to Summerfield (5k will start and finish in Summerfield) and will have some strict COVID protocols in place (see more below). We will have a finish-to-start shuttle available ($20 per ride) before the race for those who choose not to get their own ride to the start line. We are excited to have this event and look forward to seeing you out there!
Medals: This race is the 7th race in the Mega Medal series! All 7 medals will connect magnetically to make one giant medal! Take a look below!
|Finishers Medal||Series Medal|
We also invite you to check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/gsohalf.
Both the Half Marathon and 5k courses are USATF Certified!
When and Where
Saturday November 21st, 2020
790 Hill St
Greensboro , NC 27408
Parking will be available at the start and finish line locations.
There will be a start shuttle to take Half Marathon participants from the finish line to the start line before the race (there will not be a shuttle after the race taking runners back to the start line). The shuttle is optional and will cost $20 for participants. Shuttle rides can be purchased during online registration or added to your registration later by following these instructions. Social distancing and masks will be required on the shuttle.
5K runners will start and finish at Summerfield Community Park!
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 20th, 2020
- 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm Early Packet Pickup outside of Fleet Feet Greensboro, 3731 Lawndale Dr
Saturday, November 21st, 2020
- 7:00 am – 8:15 am – Race Day Packet Pickup (there will be no in-person registration) – 5K participants will pick up at Summerfield Community Park, Half Marathon participants will pick up at Latham Park
- 8:30 am – Half Marathon Start at the start line (time trail start with corrals)
- 8:40 am – 5K Start at the finish line (waves starting every 5 minutes)
- 12:15 pm – Course closes
|Event||First 40 Registrants||Through 4/30||Through 7/31||Through Race Day|
*Our Economy price is the response to athletes who have too many race shirts, and no longer desire a race finishers medal. The economy pricing allows athletes get the same great event at a lower cost because they will not receive a race shirt or finishers medal. Athletes will still be in awards, get photos, have post race food and an awesome race!
What You Get With Your Registration
- Custom Long sleeve tech shirt (shirts not guaranteed if registering within 2 weeks of race day) (currently 2019 shirts shown)
- Live Results
- Awesome Custom Awards
- Race Photography
- Medals: This race is the 7th race in the Mega Medal series! All 7 medals will connect magnetically to make one giant medal! Take a look below!
2020 Series Medal
Custom Long sleeve tech shirt The last medal in the Trivium Mega Mural Medal Series
- Live Results
- Awesome Custom Awards
- Race Photography
- Finisher’s medals will be given to all finishers of the Half Marathon and 5K
- Cash Prize for the Top 3 overall male and females in the Half Marathon
- 1st Place – $400
- 2nd Place – $225
- 3rd Place – $150
- Awards to the top 3 males and females overall and in the following age groups in the Half Marathon and 5K race: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Aid Station #1: Mile 2.1 – Water/Breakthrough Nutrition
- Aid Station #2: Mile 4.1 – Water/Humma Gels (assorted flavors)
- Aid Station #3: Mile 6.2 – Water/Breakthrough Nutrition
- Aid Station #4: Mile 8.15 – Water/Humma Gels (assorted flavors)
- Aid Station #5: Mile 10.2 – Water/Breakthrough Nutrition
- Aid Station #6: Mile 11.7 – Water
Our new 5K Course will take athletes through Summerfield Park and downtown Summerfield. This great out and back 5K will allow athletes to have the atmosphere of the Half Marathon while competing in the 5K
Course changed for 2020 due to Covid, but this is an amazing opportunity to run a point to point half marathon starting in Greensboro and finishing at the beautiful Summerfield Park!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
2020 COVID-19 Rules
- Social distancing of at least 6ft will be required at all times except with members of the same household.
- Participants will be required to stay within their assigned starting corral at all times before the race, unless using the restroom.
- No spectators will be allowed at the start or finish line.
- No headphones will be allowed on the course to allow for safe passing distance.
- Athletes will be required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth prior to and following the race. Athletes not following this rule are subject to being disqualified from the event.
- All post race foods will be prepackaged and drinks will be in sealed individual bottles
- All Trivium staff and volunteers will wear masks at all times.
- There will be no turn volunteers on course, only turn signs directing athletes where necessary.
- There will be no race day registration. Online registration will close at midnight on November 19th.
- Results will be available online only, there will not be any results Kiosks onsite.
- There will be no award ceremony after the race, awards will be mailed out or available for pick up at a later date and location.
- Participants are asked to limit their time at the finish line to 20 minutes to ensure that the number of people in that area does not exceed 50 people at any time.
- Anyone who is feeling sick, has a temperature of 99 degrees Fahrenheit, has been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days before the race, or who has a pending or positive COVID-19 test result within the 14 days before event day will not be allowed to participate.