Complete in at least four events in the series and qualify to win one of our excellent series awards!
Lakeside Trail Race (15 Mile event) Northern Trails Marathon and 10 Miler (Marathon double points/ 10 Miler normal points) Hamilton Lakes 10k Runner Dude’s 25k Declan’s Dash 5K Moonlight Bootlegger 5k Growler Gallop Greensboro 10K (no points for 5k distance) Triad Ten Miler Greensboro Marathon & Half Marathon (Marathon & Half Marathon double points, no points for 5k distance)
- 1st Overall will receive a lifetime free entry to all events in the series the year in which they won! Plus a $100 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods!
- 2nd Overall will receive a free entry into all 2015 series events during the 2016 race season. Plus a $50 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods!
- 3rd Overall will receive four free entries during the 2016 race season. Plus a $50 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods!
- Athletes must compete in a minimum of four events to qualify for a series award.
- Athletes will be awarded points based on their place within their own age group for the event.
- For series awards, age groups will be based on ten year increments starting 19 and under. Awards will be given to the top three males and females in each age group.
- The Championship event will be the 2015 Greensboro Marathon.
- Points will be given to the top 10 overall at each race to go towards overall series points, as well as the top 10 in each age group to go towards age group series points (meaning some athletes will get points in both categories at each race). Points will start at 500 and decrease by 50 points for each placement. For example:
- 1st place: 500 points
- 2nd place: 450 points
- 3rd place: 400 points
- 4th place: 350 points
- 5th place: 300 points
- 6th place: 250 points
- 7th place: 200 points
- 8th place: 150 points
- 9th place: 100 points
- 10th place 50 points
- Athletes will be scored based on their BEST 4 finishes (if you finish more than 4 events we will take your top 4 scores to decide your finish placement.
- At the end of the season if there are ties in an age group or overall that affect prizes two tiebreakers will be used.
- The first tiebreaker will be head to head performance. The two tied parties will be looked at, and how they scored against each other when competing in the same race will determine the winner.
- If this tiebreaker does not clarify positioning a second tiebreaker, total points across all events, will be implemented.