- Favorite Race: Moonlight Bootlegger 5K
- Favorite Trail Shoe: Brooks Cascadia (Note: Fleet Feet just recently brought this shoe back in its Greensboro store)
- Favorite Road Shoe: Mizuno Wave Inspire
- Favorite Race Food: Salted Watermelon and Salted Caramel Gu
- Favorite Race Apparel: New Balance polka dot shorts and Nike drifit tank top
This is my favorite 5K race. When you get to Hagan Stone there is an awesome bluegrass band already playing as you gathered for the race. It is the perfect way to spend a summer evening, running through the woods and, when it is a clear night, you are far enough from the city that you can see the stars. I would recommend a headlamp, although Trivium does put out foam lights and each mile is marked with music. Then to top it off, after the race, you drink moonshine cocktails out of a mason jars that are included in the race entry while still listening to more bluegrass music. There is also the ability to camp at Hagan Stone that evening, or it is just a short drive back to Greensboro. I have always had a positive experience at this race and Trivium creates a fantastic atmosphere for this race.
Mandy Wahl – Fit Specialist