For a second year we will kick off the Race the Bar season with our 5K at Pig Pounders Brewery. In 2015 the event was won by Billy Chorey in 17:16 for the men and Crystal Taylor in 21:22 for the women. Who will claim the early lead in the 2016 series?
We will be adding a Corporate/Club category to registration. Help your club or place of business take home the coveted Race the Bar Trophy in 2016.
While there will be a few new things in 2016 the things that make this series great will all be returning. Finishers beers, awesome prizes, our finishers glass collection, and great music. You will not want to miss race #1!
When and Where
Sunday April 24th, 2016
Pig Pounders Brewery
1107 Grecade St.
Greensboro , NC 27408
Limited parking will be available at Pig Pounders. Plan on leaving time to park at Red Cinemas (1305 Battleground Ave Greensboro, NC 27408) and walk two blocks to the starting line.
Schedule of Events
Race Day – Sunday, April 24th
- Packet Pick-Up – 2:00 – 3:40pm
- Race Start – 4:00pm
- Course Closes – 5:30pm
- Awards – 5:00pm
|Type||First 50 registrants!||Through February 28th||Through April 21st||On Site and early packet pickup|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Two tickets for Pig Pounder’s Beer!
- Finishers glass (There is a unique one for each race. Participate in every race in the series to complete the set)
- Custom race shirt (Men’s and Women’s sizing) – Shirts only guaranteed for registrations made two weeks before the race date.
- Entry to after party and live music!
- Live results
- Unique awards
- The event will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: open, 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Points towards The Race the Bar series. Series awards for top 3 males and females in the following categories: open, 19 and under, 20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+, club and corporate.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer