This was a great event in 2015 and we cannot wait for the 2016 event! It’s not often you have the opportunity to put on an event in the same place you run every day! This event will again be apart of the Trivium Racing Running Series and will start on the trails behind Northern Guilford High School before jumping onto the newest trails in the Triad. Run down the trails next to gorgeous dogwood trees and beaver ponds. The marathoners will continue onto trails along Lake Townsend and Lake Brandt before making their way back to NGHS! Great finishers medals and prizes await our finishers.
70% of the marathon course takes place on well groomed hiking trails and 30% on mountain bike trails. The lollipop shaped 10 mile course will keep you entirely on well groomed hiking trails.
2016 event will have a total cap of 300 participants.
2016 Sponsors will be added soon!
When and Where
Sunday March 13th, 2016
Northern Guilford High School
7101 Spencer-Dixon Rd.
Greensboro , NC 27455
Parking will be available at Northern Guilford High School in any of the main lots.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick-Up & Registration:
- March 11th 4PM Until 7PM – @ Fleet Feet Greensboro (3731 Lawndale Drive)
Race Day – March 13th:
- 7:00 am – Race-Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up
- 8:40am – Race-Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up Closes
- 9:00 am – Marathon Race Start
- 9:15 am – 10 Mile Race Start
- 4:00pm – Course Closes
Water Stop Locations (approx. distance)
|Mile Marker||Available Aid|
|4.25 Both Races (& 5.75 Ten Miler)||Water/Gatorade, Salt Tablets|
|8.2 Marathon||Water, GU gels|
|13.1 Marathon||Water/Gatorade, Granola Bars, Pretzels, Fruit Cups|
|16 Marathon||Water, Salt Tablets, Coke|
|21.85 Marathon||Water/Gatorade, Salt Tablets|
|Type||Through Dec 31st||Through Jan 31st||Through Feb 29th||Through Race Day|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Post-race food and beverages
- Northern Trails finisher’s medal
- Short sleeved poly-cotton blend shirt (T-Shirts not guaranteed if you register within two weeks of the race or on race day)
- Live results and timing
- Complementary bag/key check will be provided by Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro!
- Both the Ten Mile and Marathon event will be chip timed.
- Finisher medals to everyone who completes the trail marathon and ten miler.
- Awards to the top 3 overall males and females in the trail marathon and ten miler.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in each race: 19 and under, 20- 29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
- Double points for marathon finishers and regular points for 10 mile finishers towards the Trivium Running Series
- Points for teams competing in the Running Club and Corporate Team challenge categories
We have reversed the 16 mile circle of the course this year to make it safer. The marathon course is a mix of 70% well groomed hiking trail and 30% mountain bike trail. The course will measure on gps somewhere between 23.8 and 24.5 but has been accurately measured with a wheel at 26.2 miles being wheeled)
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer