Celebrate Beer City, USA with the Best Brewpub in the US – HopCat – and one of our favorite local breweries – New Holland! This will be an accurately measured 5k course with an awesome shirt, unique finisher’s glass, and a hoppin after party!
For those who just can’t wait until the finish line to get their beer, we will have beer available halfway through as well! Unfortunately the course beer permit was denied due to changes in the state liquor licensing laws. So now we will have double the delectable beer at the finish line!
This course is setup to also be a fast, competitive race. We will have standard overall and age group awards for the pure runner (or the fast beer-drinking runner.) Enjoy a well produced 5K race and save your drinking until the end if you want.
This race will be race #2 in the Beer Flight Running Series. Each race in the series will have a custom finishers glass. If you do all four events you will receive a custom finishers paddle to put all of your glasses on at the end of the year!
When and Where
Sunday May 28th, 2017
HopCat Grand Rapids
25 Ionia Ave SW
Grand Rapids , MI 49503
There is plenty of parking on streets and parking decks in the area. Please leave time to make your way from your car to the race site.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pickup – May 27th
- 3:00 pm – 7:00pm at The Knickerbocker – New Holland Brewing – 417 Bridge St NW, Grand Rapids
Race Day – May 28th
- 2:00 – 3:45pm: Packet Pick Up at HopCat Grand Rapids
- 4:00pm: Race Start
- 5:00pm: After Party Starts! Live Music Schedule:
- 5:00pm: Jesse Ray & The Carolina Catfish
6:00pm: Big Dudee Roo
7:00pm: Hannah Rose & The GravesTones
- 5:30pm: Awards
|Type||Until February 28th||Through April 30th||Through Race Day|
Note: availability of custom shirts will change as the race nears. To guarantee a shirt, sign up by May 17th. (All shirt availability can be seen on the registration page.
What You Get With Your Registration
- Custom Race T-shirt (must register by May 17th to guarantee a shirt)
- Tickets for Two Free Beers
- Chip-timed Live Results
- Access to the After Party with live music!
- Unique Awards
- This years finishers glass is part of the Beer Flight Running series. If you complete all four races in the series you will get a custom finishers paddle to put all of your glasses on!
- The event will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers’ awards will be given to all finishers
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: open, 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+ (drinking along the course is not required to qualify for awards. You can choose to drink or not drink along the way)
The 5k course will be a single loop starting and finishing at HopCat. The course will follow along the Riverwalk for the majority of the route.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer