To view information for the 2016 event go to this page:
When and Where
Sunday September 13th, 2015
Across the street from Atwater Brewery on the corner of Wight St and Joseph Campau St.
2899 Wright St.
Detroit , MI 48207
Parking will be available in the deck on the 2900 block of Wight St or on any of the surrounding neighborhood roads. Please do not park on the course as it makes it unsafe for athletes. Roads that will not be available for parking are Franklin between Chene and Adair and Joseph Campau, Adair, and Mt Elliot south of Jefferson.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick-Up & Registration:
- Thursday, September 10th, 4pm – 7pm @ RUNdetroit (441 W Canfield Street #5)
- Saturday, September 12th, 2pm – 5pm @ RUNdetroit (441 W Canfield Street #5)
Race Day – Sunday, September 13th
- 1:30 – 3:40pm – Athlete registration and packet pickup at Atwater Brewery
- 4:00 pm – 10 mile race start
- 4:10 pm – 5 Kilometer race starts
- 6:00 pm – 10 mile and 5K awards
$40 – First 20% of capacity $47 – Up to 50% of capacity $52 – Up to 75% of capacity
- $57 – Up to 100% or after September 12th
$25 – First 20% of capacity $30 – Up to 50% of capacity $35 – Up to 75% of capacity
- $39 – Up to 100% or after September 12th
What You Get With Your Registration
- Includes 1 Growler Gallop Hoodie*
- 2 beer tickets and post race food
- Entry to live Motown music before and after the event.
- Custom Bottle Opener Medals
* Additional hoodies may be purchased for $15
- Both the Growler Gallop Ten Miler and 5K will be chip timed and gun timed by Trivium Racing. All awards will be based off of GUN TIME.
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers of the 10 Miler and 5K event.
- Cash prize awards to the top 3 overall male and female finishers in the Ten Miler Distance
- – $150 -1st place, $100 – 2nd place, $75 – 3rd place.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in each race: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- 1st place in age groups: A growler of Atwaters finest beer! (under 21 awards will vary)
- 2nd and 3rd place in age group: Unique local and/or beer-related prizes!
10 Mile Course
The race will start at historic Atwater Brewery. The 10 mile course will quickly make its way to the riverfront where it will follow the river until it reaches Belle Isle Park. Runners will get a chance to see the sights of Belle Isle as they make a loop around the island. Athletes will then head back to Atwater Brewery where the fun really begins.
There are five water stops on the course that will have both water and Gatorade. At the midway point stop you will be able to also get Gu Gels.
5 Kilometer Fun Run Course
This flat fast 5K course will spend most of its time on the riverfront. The out and back course will allow athletes to see their competition after they make their turnaround! Athletes will finish to the sound of Motown music and the taste of the best beer in the region!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
Looking to race on the cheap and give back to the sport you love? Trivium Racing is now giving a limited number of 75% off registrations for each of our races.
We want to thank all of our volunteers who come out and support the sports we love so much. We will be supplying a limited number of 75% off codes for those who volunteer at a race. (75% excludes the Greensboro Marathon event weekend) Sign up on the volunteer page of any race and use the code VOLUNTEERLOVE so we can keep track of which events you have helped out at!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer