Why the name “Revenge”, you ask? Pull up a chair, Matey, and I’ll tell you a tale…
The Outer Banks are a temperamental mistress. Temperatures could be 80 or they could be 20 degrees. Winds could be calm, but surely you’ll face some blustery conditions at some point on your journey. The road may be flat, but it can also be lonely and seem never-ending at times. Plundering – uh, I mean, running – the Outer Banks is going to be fun, but I promise, it WILL test you! Be ye pirate enough for this challenge? Join our posse of 100 Mile and 100K buccaneers! If you don’t quite have the stomach for those distances yet, bring your best shipmates to the Outer Banks as a relay team!
This point to point race will take athletes the length of the Outer Banks, NC from Corolla to Hatteras. The course is 100% paved road with beautiful views, long distance challenges, and great memories all along the way!
When and Where
Saturday March 25th, 2023
Historic Corolla Park
1160 Village Lane
Corolla , NC 27926
Please make sure you check out the ever-updating athlete guide regarding parking. Athletes will have plenty of spots to park near both start lines. At aid stations and relay exchange zones, make sure you are parked in lots and not illegally on the side of the road or in someone’s yard. If you are a part of a crew or a relay please do not hang out in lots for long periods of time, so that others can access their athletes as well.
Schedule of Events
- 5:00 – 7:00 pm: Packet Pick Up, gear check and bag drop-off for both distances
- 6:00 – 7:30 pm: Athlete Dinner
- 7:00 pm: Mandatory 100 Mile Pre-race Meeting (in-person or virtual)
March 25th :
- 4:00 am: Arrival, gear check, and packet pick up at 100 mile start line
- 5:00 am: 100 mile race start
- 8:00 am – 9:30am: Arrival, gear check, and packet pick up at 100 Kilometer start line
- 10:00 am: 100 kilometer race start
- 7:00 pm: Estimated all athletes over Basnight Bridge
- 1:00 pm: finish line closes
- 2:00 pm: course cleared and clean
Post Race Shuttle
We will be providing limited shuttle service after the race to take runners from the finish line back to either start line for $25 per rider. This will be an additional option to add-on during registration.
Estimated shuttle schedule (this may vary slightly based on number of runners needing a shuttle) –
- Shuttle 1 – 12:30am
- Shuttle 2 – 4:30am
- Shuttle 3 – 8:30am
- Shuttle 4 – 1:00pm
|Event||Until July 15th||Until November 30th||Until March 17th|
|100 Mile Relay (per registrant)||$120||$135||$150|
|Virtual 100 Mile or 100Km||$60|
What You Get With Your Registration
Registration Treasure Includes…
- Custom Blackbeard’s Revenge Tech Shirt
- Custom Blackbeard’s Revenge Finishers Medal (100 K and 100 Mile Relay) or Finishers Belt Buckle (100 Mile)
- Unique Race awards
- Custom race bib with your Pirate name on it
- Well stocked aid stations and finish line food
- And more!
- RaceJoy on-course tracking
There is certainly no lack of lodging options on the Outer Banks, especially since the race takes place during the off-season. But we do have a couple of specials just for our participants! Click here for updated lodging information.
- Top 3 overall male and females in the 100 Mile and 100 Kilometer race
- Top 3 overall male and female masters in the 100 Mile and 100 Kilometer race
- Top 1 overall male relay teams
- Top 1 overall female relay teams
- 1st overall mixed relay teams (at least 2 females on each mixed team)
100K Course Map
100 Mile Course Map
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.