Trivium Racing is making things a little more competitive! Now you can race and earn points towards a series award (including free racing!) at the end of the year. If you’re looking for variety, challenge, and great events, we’ve got you covered! This year we will run on road and trail, we will complete between 3.1 and 13.1 miles, and we will never be bored with these carefully crafted events. Below you will find the current calendar of included events. We may be adding a few more in the next couple weeks as well! Compete in at least 4 events to be eligible for series awards. We will count your top 6 events towards series points.
We will also have a Club and Corporate Cup Challenge. So if you register for a race as part of a running club or corporate team, you will earn points for your team towards the Championship Cup at the end of the year! Check the details below.
2019 Running Series Calendar:
- Athletes must compete in a minimum of four events to qualify for a series award.
- For series awards, age groups will be based on ten year increments starting 19 and under. Participants will be scored in their age group based on their age at the end of the calendar year.
- Points will be given to the top 10 overall male and female finishers at each race, as well as the top 10 in each 10 year age group (meaning some athletes will get points in both categories at each race). Once all races are complete, the overall series winners will be taken out of their respective age groups and those age group results will be re-calculated.
- Points will start at 500 for first place finishers and decrease by 50 points for each placement. (1st = 500, 2nd = 450, 3rd = 400, etc.)
- Places 11 – 20 will receive 25 points.
- Places 21 and up will receive 10 points.
- For events that have two distances, the longer distance will receive double the regular points.
- Athletes will be scored based on their BEST 6 finishes (if you win points in more than 6 events, we will take your top 6 scores to decide your finish placement)
- At the end of the season, if there are ties in an age group or overall standings that affect prizes, two tiebreakers will be used.
- The first tiebreaker will be head to head performance. The two tied parties’ finish times will be compared where they competed in the same race and the winner of that particular race will be the winner of the tie.
- If this tiebreaker does not clarify positioning a second tiebreaker, total points across all events, will be implemented.
Overall Top 3 Male and Female Winners:
- 1st Overall will receive a lifetime free entry to all events in the series the year in which they won!
- 2nd Overall will receive a free entry into all 2019 series events during the 2020 race season.
- 3rd Overall will receive four free entries during the 2020 race season.
Top 3 in Each Age Group Series Winners:
- Awards TBD
Club and Corporate Cup Challenge:
Here’s how it works –
- When you register for any of our events, join your club or corporate team (if you’re the first one from your group to register, you will create the team!)
- Finish the race to get a point (the more people from your team show up, the more points you get!)
- Place in your age group for even more points!
- At the end of the year we will announce the winning team and host a party to award them the cup, which they will get to display proudly throughout 2020. Their name will forever be engraved on the Trivium SE Michigan Running Series Trophy!
- The next year, the challenge starts all over again!
Running Club Points:
- Every runner will earn 1 point for their team for completing the race. This means the more runners each group brings out, the more points they score!
- Age Group points will be determined by each individuals place within their age group (overall finishers will be scored within their age group for cup points)
- 1st place in age group = 20
- 2nd place in age group = 18
- 3rd place in age group = 15
- 4th place in age group = 14
- 5th place in age group = 13
- 6th place in age group = 10
- 7th place in age group = 9
- 8th place in age group = 8
- 9th place in age group = 7
- 10th place in age group = 6
- 11th – 15th place in age group = 5
- 16th – 20th place in age group = 2