The RunnerDude’s 10 Mile and 10K Challenge will be this Sunday, April 9th. Check out all the race details below –
Important Dates and Times
Early Packet Pick-up:
- Friday, 4/7 from 4:00 – 7:00pm at RunnerDude’s Fitness (2309 W Cone Blvd Ste. 120, Greensboro, NC)
Race Day Schedule (Sunday, 4/9):
- 5:15 – 6:40am – Packet pick up at Race Site
- 6:50am – Mandatory Pre-race Meeting
- 7:00am – 10 Mile Start
- 7:10am – 10K Start
- 10:00am – Awards (approximately)
Directions and Parking
The race start and finish line will be on the Greenway behind RunnerDude’s Fitness (google map). The physical address is 2309 W Cone Blvd Ste. 120, Greensboro, NC.
Parking will be available in the lot at that building.
Both races will start and finish on the Atlantic and Yadkin Greenway behind RunnerDude’s Fitness. They will go out along the Greenway and neighborhood streets. Both courses will enter Country Park on the north end and then the courses split halfway through the park. The 10 Mile course will make a full loop around the park and then finish they way they started getting out to the park. The 10K course will go halfway around the park loop before turning to exit out the south side of the park towards Pisgah Church Rd and then will pick back up on the same course that they took out to start the race. Both courses are USATF certified!
The course will be well marked with h-frame signs, stickers on the road, mile markers, and volunteers, but please make sure you are familiar with the course before Sunday. Here are the course maps:
- 10 Mile Course (mile markers will be marked with sail flags)
- 10K Course (mile markers will be marked with road stickers)
- Course sticker colors will coordinate with your bib color.
- Blue bibs will be used on the 10K course and athletes doing the 10K should follow blue stickers for 10K specific route instructions
- Yellow bibs will be used on the 10 Mile course and athletes doing the 10 Mile should follow the blue stickers.
- Green stickers can be used on either course and should be followed by both races athletes
There will be 5 waterstops on the 10 Mile course and 3 on the 10K course. They will be at the following locations:
- Mile 1.5 (both races) – Water
- Mile 3 (both races) – Water & Gatorade
- Mile 4.5 (both races) – Water & Gatorade
- Mile 7 (10 Miler) – Water & Gatorade
- Mile 8.5 (10 Miler) – Water
You are required to wear your bib number on the front of your outermost layer of clothing at all times. Your timing chip will be on the back of your bib number, so please do not bend or puncture the chip. In order to ensure an accurate start and finish time, please make sure that your bib is centered on the front of your torso (not on your back or leg).
Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro/High Point will be on-hand at the race to provide a complimentary bag/key check for athletes during the race!
Course Recon Email
Another email will come out Friday with course specific details and maps! stay tuned!