The is the third year of this totally ridiculous half marathon. We are switching things up a bit and moving the race to a morning start, instead of the afternoon. The Whiskey Tango Foxtrot trail half marathon will again be the second race in the Trivium Running Series. This two loop course shows off some of the great trails (including Foxtrot Trail) at Northeast Park. The course has two river crossings ranging from 6 inches deep if there has been very little rain to 2.5 feet deep with a lot of rain (anything over that height and we have an alternate course). At the finish, we will have some great beer and an awesome finishers medal to show off when people ask you “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot were you thinking racing a trail half marathon that crosses a creek at the end of February?!”
This race is race number 1 in the Trivium Medal Series. If you complete all 5 races you will receive a finishers medal as well! All six medals will fit together to make one giant Trivium Medal! New medal design coming for 2018!
Other Events You May Enjoy:
When and Where
Sunday February 25th, 2018
3421 Northeast Park Drive
Gibsonville , NC 27249
Parking will be available in various parking lots around the park, except for the one in the center near the pool. Volunteers will be able to direct you to parking on race day.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick-Up: Friday, February 23rd
- 4:00 – 7:00pm – Fleet Feet Sports, Greensboro (3731 Lawndale Dr, Greensboro, NC)
Race Day: Sunday, February 25th
- Packet Pickup: 6:45 AM – 8:15 AM
- Race Start: 8:30 AM
- 8.3 mile cutoff (recrossing the creek): 11:00 AM
- Awards: Approximately 11:30 AM
- Course Closes: 12:15 PM
|Type||Until December 15th||Until January 15th||Through Race Day|
|Half (Economy Package)*||$43||$43||$48|
* The cost of racing is going up for everyone (both racers and race directors). We want to make sure every one of our races is accessible to every athlete. If you are not interested in a medal, custom bib, or race hoodie, please select the Economy Package to still have an amazing race experience at a much reduced cost without all the goodies!
What You Get With Your Registration
- Chip Timing with live results, and QR code lookup
- Custom race hoodie (not guaranteed if you register less than 2 weeks before the race) 2017 hoodie shown
- Post Race food and a beer
- Points towards the Trivium Running Race Series
- WTF 13.1 Finishers Medal (2017 medal shown below)
- This race is race number 1 in the Trivium Medal Series. If you complete all 5 races you will receive a finishers medal as well! All six medals will fit together to make one giant Trivium Medal!
- Awards for top three overall males and females.
- Awards for top three males and females in the following age groups –
- 14 & under; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+
- Special points for those competing as part of a select Running Club or Corporate Team (make sure to register as part of that team so you get the points!)
Half Marathon Course
The course starts out with a short section on road to allow runners to spread out. The rest of the course consists of hiking trail terrain. While the majority of the trail is wide and extremely well maintained, there are some spots that are not used often and will have a rougher terrain to them.
PDF of Map – please click link belowCourse Map
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer