The is the second year of this totally ridiculous half marathon. The Whiskey Tango Foxtrot trail half marathon is the second race in the Trivium Running Series. This two loop course shows off some of the great trails (including Foxtrot Trail) at Northeast Park. The afternoon start will give you a chance to relax and enjoy the morning before tackling 13.1 miles in the afternoon. At the finish, we will have some great beer and an awesome finishers medal to show people when they ask you “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot were you thinking racing a trail half marathon that crosses a creek at the end of February?!”
This race is race number 1 in the Trivium Medal Series. If you complete all 5 races you will receive a finishers medal as well! All six medals will fit together to make one giant Trivium Medal!
When and Where
Saturday February 25th, 2017
3421 Northeast Park Drive
Gibsonville , NC 27249
Parking will be available in various parking lots around the park, except for the one in the center near the pool. Volunteers will be able to direct you to parking on race day.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick-Up: Friday, February 24th
- 4:00 – 7:00pm – Fleet Feet Sports, Greensboro (3731 Lawndale Dr, Greensboro, NC)
Race Day: Saturday, February 25th
- Packet Pickup: 1:30 – 2:15
- Race Start: 2:30 PM
- Awards: Approximately 5:15 PM
- Time Cutoff: 6:00 PM (due to waning sunlight)
- Through December 15th: $50
- December 16th through January 15th: $55
- January 16th through Race day: $60
What You Get With Your Registration
- Chip Timing with live results, and QR code lookup
- Custom race hoodie (not guaranteed if you register less than 2 weeks before the race)
- Post Race food and beer
- Points towards the Trivium Running Race Series
- WTF 13.1 Finishers Medal
- This race is race number 2 in the Trivium Medal Series. If you complete all 5 races you will receive a finishers medal as well! All six medals will fit together to make one giant Trivium Medal!
Awards for top three overall.
Awards for top three male and female age group placers.
- Age groups: 14 & under; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+
Special points for those competing as part of a selected Running Club or Corporate Team.Register
The course starts out with a short section on road to allow runners to spread out. The rest of the course consists of hiking trail terrain. While the majority of the trail is wide and extremely well maintained. There are some spots that are not used often and will have a rougher terrain to them.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.Register