In 2020 due to Lake regulations on our events The Tritown events will take place in the spring instead of the fall. This years race will be a sprint distance triathlon.
In the past few years Greensboro has truly become a Triathlon Town with more and more multisport athletes showing up. Our city deserves a top notch event and Lake Townsend is that kind of venue! We are excited to have a great spring sprint triathlon for everyone to enjoy in 2020!
Come out and swim 750 meters in Lake Townsend, Bike 12.5 miles on the rolling hills northeast of the lake and run a 5K on the shaded streets of Bryan Park!
750 meter swim * 12.5 Mile Bike * 3.1 mile Run
When and Where
Saturday May 9th, 2020
Lake Townsend Marina
6332 Townsend Rd
Browns Summit , NC 27214
Parking will be available at the many parking lots around Lake Townsend Marina and Bryan Park.
Schedule of Events
May 8th, 2020:
- Early Packet Pickup: 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm @ Fleet Feet Greensboro
May 9th, 2020:
- 6:15 AM Transition Area Opens
- 6:30 AM Race Day Registration and packet pick-up opens
- 8:10 AM Race Day registration and packet pick-up closes
- 8:15 AM Transition Area Closes
- 8:30 AM Race Start
- 10:45 AM Projected Awards Ceremony
- 11:00 AM Course Cut Off for Race
|Event||Through 2/1||Through 3/15||Through 4/25||Race Day|
There is a $15.00 one-day license fee for each non-USAT registrant.
NOTE: Photo ID is required for packet pick-up. Everyone must pick up their own race packet.
What You Get With Your Registration
- Custom Race Shirt (shirts only guaranteed for race registrations through 5/1/20)
- Cool Overall and Age Group Awards
- Live timing and results with 5 splits
- Post race food and drinks
- Entry into Trivium Multisport Series
- Special awards for top three overall male and female finishers. Awards for top three male and female age group placers (age groups every 5 years according to USA Triathlon regulations).
- Age Groups: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Award to top 3 Athena and top 3 Clydesdale athletes, top 3 Masters Clydesdale, top 3 masters Athena, and top 1 Relay Team
Course Maps Coming Soon
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.