Celebrating Global Running Day 2017, Fleet Feet Sports around the country will all be racing racing together in The Big Run 5k!
Ready to run in the biggest Fleet Feet Sports event ever? Welcome to The Big Run!
On June 7, Fleet Feet Sports locations nationwide will hold a local 5K race. All results will funnel up into a national leaderboard to determine: who is the fastest runner in the country?
But speed isn’t the only thing that counts. We want to see the whole community participate because, seriously, running together rocks. Let us recap the ways:
- You get to join Fleet Feet Sports communities across the country in doing something we’ve never done before—a nationally-coordinated 5K race taking place in different locations all on the same day.
- It’s on a Wednesday—who couldn’t use a mid-week pump-up?
- Every finisher gets a medal. Not just any medal. A very cool, make-your-friends-jealous medal.
- We know some people. And some pretty cool brands (cough, cough, Brooks). Let’s just say, we’re planning some fun raffle giveaways and category prizes.
The Big Run coincides with Global Running Day and is open to runners of all levels and abilities.
When and Where
Wednesday June 7th, 2017
Spencer Love Tennis Center
3802 Jaycee Park Dr
Greensboro , NC 27455
Parking will be available in the lots at Jaycee/Country Park!
Schedule of Events
- Packet Pick Up at Fleet Feet Greensboro Tuesday, June 6th from 4:00pm-7:00pm and on Wednesday, June 7th from 10:00am – 12:00pm.
- Race Day Registration, Wednesday June 7th from 4:00pm-5:45pm
- Prerace meeting: 5:50 pm
- Race Start Time: 6:00 pm
- Awards at 7:00pm
Registration fee is $25 per runner
What You Get With Your Registration
- Awards to the top 3 overall males and females.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69. 70+.
This course will be a USATF certified 5K starting at Spencer Love Tennis Center and making its way along the gorgeous Atlantic and Yadkin Greenway!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.