Preyer’s has been a part of the Race the Bar Series for several years and it will again serve as one of our fall stops on the RTB tour! We will be hosting an 8K this year and I think we have finally perfected this gorgeous course. Athletes will start and finish at Preyer’s. While on the course, they will spend some time in neighborhoods surrounding The Lake Daniels Greenway. The course will take out the big hill on Courtland, slightly reducing the overall elevation change. We will be USATF certifying the course for 2018! When athletes get to the finish line, they will be greeted with live music, beer and awesome finisher’s prizes!
When and Where
Sunday November 4th, 2018
Preyers Brewing Company
600 Battleground Ave
Greensboro , NC 27401
Please use the parking decks, public parking and neighborhood roads surrounding the area for parking.
Schedule of Events
Friday October 2nd, 2018
Early Packet Pickup: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Greensboro Fleet Feet
Sunday October 4th, 2018
Packet Pickup: 2:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Race Start: Both events 4:00 pm
|Type||May 30th||October 1st||Through Race Day|
* The cost of racing is going up for everyone (both racers and race directors). We want to make sure every one of our races is accessible to every athlete. If you are not interested in a finisher’s medal or race shirt, please select the economic option to still have an amazing race experience at a much reduced cost without the goodies!
What You Get With Your Registration
- Two beer tickets for Preyer’s Beer!
- Entry to after party!
- Live results
- Unique awards
- Finishers Glass! (there is a unique one for each race in the Race the Bar Series. Do every race to complete the set! If you do each race in the series you will also be given a special award at the end of series party!)
- The Race the Bar 5K will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers of the 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: open, 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Points towards The Race the Bar race series. Series awards for top 3 males and females in the following categories: open, 19 and under, 20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+
The 8K is a great distance for a lot of reasons. If you have just started doing 5Ks, this will push you out of your comfort zone a bit. If you are training for an end of season half marathon or marathon, this is a great way to get the lead out one more time before the big event!
The course itself is fast, and will be USATF Certified!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.