This is always one of our favorite events each year. This is a time for everyone to cut loose and celebrate a great year of running. Each season will end with a Race the Bar Crawl! If you haven’t done this before, get ready for something new, because this isn’t your average race (or your average bar crawl)! We will announce the bars included in the 2018 event as we get closer. At each location, runners will get a beer and a stamp of completion. Do it for speed, do it for fun, do it for the beer, or do it for all three! There is no set route (although we will give you our recommendation) and a “best way” that is marked on the roads. Either way you will find your way from bar to bar. Runners are required to check in at each bar and get their stamp. The drinking at each bar is not required for the race portion and runners can get their stamp and carry on. If you don’t get your beer on the way through the first time, you will have a designated amount of time to go back and drink your beer after the finish. But you must have checked in at each bar in order to be eligible for awards!
The only rules are that you must be on foot the whole way, keep your beer in the designated areas, and you must obey all traffic laws. We will have a finish line at one of the selected bars where you will receive a finisher’s award to finish out the five race series, as well as awards for the fastest finishers. Why not join us as we sample some of the best beer in Greensboro while enjoying a running tour of the town?
There won’t be any points towards the Race the Bar Series for this event. This is just for fun!
Other Events You May Enjoy:
When and Where
Sunday November 18th, 2018
107 W Lewis St
Greensboro , NC
Parking will utilize city streets and parking structures
Schedule of Events
There will be no early packet pick up for this event.
Race Day – Sunday, 11/18
- 1:30 – 2:45pm – Packet pick up and registration at the start line – Boxcar Bar + Arcade
- 3:00pm – Race starts (we will send anyone who is just running out first and then the participants who plan to drink will be started just after)
- 5:00pm – Awards (we may award the “just runners” before this if they are all across the line)
- 5:00pm – Have to be across the finish line if you want a time or a chance at awards!
- 7:00pm – Last chance to redeem your beer tickets at the participating bars
|Through April 30th||Through July 31st||Through Sept 30th||Through Race Day|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Hooded Sweatshirt (shirt guarantee deadline is Nov 4th)
- Finishers Prize (5th in the series!)
- One beer at each bar along the route (5 beers!)
- Live results and awards
- Awards for the top 3 overall males and females in the Racing category
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the Racing Category : 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Awards for the top 3 males and females who race in the Drinking and Running category, and the Crawl category
RunGo Course Map
This is the route we suggest you take from bar to bar. However, you may go any way you like, as long as you are being safe and following pedestrian laws!
Race the Bar Crawl 2018 Locations
Check out the attached file for the exact locations of the bars along the course.Course Map
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer