We have a new location for our 8K in 2016 and it is a good one! The 8K will be moving to Preyer Brewing Company for a unique, scenic, USATF Certified Course. This will be the second event in the Race the Bar Series. Every race counts towards the end of the year series prizes!
We have moved the 8K race to May and it is a bit later in the day to try and combat potential heat. Come on out for this great evening event!
When and Where
Sunday May 22nd, 2016
Preyer Brewing Company
600 Battleground Ave
Greensboro , NC 27401
Parking is limited at Preyer Brewing Company so be prepared to make use of city parking near the race site. Please do not park at Deep Roots or any other businesses that are open on Sunday afternoon. This means leaving a bit of extra time to get to the race site. Keep an eye out for No Parking signs along the course so that your car does not get towed!
Fleet Feet Sports will be available to provide complimentary bag check for this race. So if you have things you don’t want to take back to the car or carry on the course, stop by their tent to drop it off!
Schedule of Events
Race Day – Sunday, May 22nd
- Packet Pickup: 4:00 – 5:45 PM
- Pre-race Meeting: 5:45 PM
- Race Start Time: 6:00 PM
- Course Closes: 7:45 PM
- Awards: Awards will follow the final finisher
|Type||First 50 registrants!||Through April 11th||Through May 20th||On Site and early packet pickup|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Two tickets for Preyer Brewing beer!
- Finishers glass (There is a unique one for each race. Participate in every race in the series to complete the set.)
- Custom race shirt (Men’s and Women’s sizing) – Shirts only guaranteed to registrations made by May 6th
- Entry to after party and concert!
- Live results
- Unique awards
- The event will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: open, 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Points towards The Race the Bar series. Series awards for top 3 males and females in the following categories: open, 19 and under, 20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+, club and corporate.
This is a preliminary map of our course while we work with the police on a safe, fun and fast course for you!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer