We are back for a second year teaming up with The Chevy Running Club and The General Motors Proving Ground, for the second annual Prove It 5K! Think you’ve got the fastest 5k around? Put your money where your mouth is and come race on test track at the World Famous GM Milford Proving Ground! We will be running on the beautiful and technical Milford Road Course (we don’t think anyone will be breaking the course record as cars fly on this course at speeds well over 100 MPH!). Prove that you are as fast as you say you are with our one-of-a-kind age and gender graded running race on this historic automobile test track.
Prove It 5K is the first race in the Trivium East Michigan Medal Series! If you complete all five events in the medal series you will earn a sixth “finishers” medal to complete the series! All six medals connect together magnetically to create a massive medal!! If you are going to miss an event you can also sign up for the “virtual race” and still get a medal and bib! (details on the next page)
This event would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of The Chevy Running Club!
When and Where
Sunday June 4th, 2017
GM Milford Proving Ground
3399 General Motors Rd
Milford , MI 48380
Parking will be available in the lot in front of Building 104 (see map linked below) and is about a half mile walk from the race start/finish line. Please keep this in mind when planning travel. There will be volunteers helping you find a parking spot. Please plan on traveling as a group to reduce the number of parking spots needed.
Schedule of Events
Virtual Event : June 1st
- All registrations from the virtual event must be completed by June 1st.
- Runners competing virtually will not be eligable for awards. Completion of the race distance must be done by Jule 1st. Medals and your race bib will be sent out within 10 days of completion. Once you have completed the distance you can email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your finishers award!
Early Packet Pick Up: Friday, June 2nd
- (west suburb location) 3-7pm at TBD
- (detroit location) 3-7pm at Run Detroit, 441 W. Canfield St #5, Detroit, MI (map)
Race Day Packet Pickup and Registration: Sunday, June 4th
- 5:45am – 7:45am: Packet pickup at event location
- 7:50am: Pre-race meeting
- 8:00am: Race Start
- 9:15am: Estimated time for awards
note: for safety purposes this event is only for ages 6 and up. Baby strollers WILL be allowed this year.
|Type||First 50 registrants!||Through Feb 28th||Through May 15th||Through Race Day|
What You Get With Your Registration
Prove It 5K is the first race in the Trivium Michigan Medal Series! If you complete all five events in the medal series you will earn a sixth “finishers” medal to complete the series! All six medals connect together magnetically to create a massive medal!! If you are going to miss an event you can also sign up for the “virtual race” and still get a medal and bib! (details on the next page)
Events in the Michigan Medal Series:
1) Prove ir 5K – 6/4/17
2) Dearborn Homecoming 5K – 8/6/17
3) 5K on the Runway Yankee Air Museum – 9/3/17
4) Growler Gallop 10 mile and 5K 9/10/17
5) Black Toenail Friday 7.5 and 13.1 11/24/17
6) Finishers Medal!
- Custom race shirt (Men’s and Women’s sizing) – Shirts only guaranteed for registrations made by May 24th (check registration site for shirt availability)
- Post race food and drinks
- Live results and individual results QR code on bibs
- Results based on both Age Graded and normal times
- Unique awards
- NEW 2017: Bag Drop location near start line. No need to run back to your car!
- The event will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers!
- Look closely at awards because this is different than in most races – Awards will be given to the top 20 overall based on age graded results. We will also give an award to the top male and female in each of the following age groups based on normal time (not age graded with the top 20 overall removed from the standings): 6-9,11-14,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
We are excited to once again be working with Chevy Running Club to donate to the Dearborn Animal Shelter!
Trivium Racing and Chevy Running Club are excited to have the opportunity to give partial proceeds to The Special Olympics of Michigan!
This course offers an awesome and unique experience to run in a place you wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to run!
This Course is USATF Certified
Please keep in mind that GM is allowing us to use this property for this event, and in order for it to happen again ALL runners must respect the rules outlined in the prerace email and on the website.
PhotosAlbum ID was empty
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it! Just follow the link below to sign up.Register to Volunteer