Our 2020 race will be a “Virtually Real” timed 5k starting at Pig Pounder Brewery. The course will be a running route selected to be accurate and safe without closing roads (due to current event restrictions). Runners and walkers who want to compete in-person on our marked course for a chip-timed race result will be allowed to start anytime between 12 noon and 5:00pm on race day. You will be required to select your starting time window to limit the number of people at the start line at any given time. Anyone not comfortable participating in-person has the option to switch to the virtual race, run at a place and time of their choosing, and earn their race shirt and finisher medal.
Here are a few other changes we’re making to the event for safety reasons due to the continuing concern of COVID-19 in our community:
- Participants will receive 1 ticket for a post-run beer
- Participants will be required to wear a face mask at all times, except when they are running or consuming food or drink
- Social distancing will be enforced at the start/finish line and is highly encouraged along the course
- Packets will be pre-packed to include race bib, shirt, and finisher medal and will be available onsite during your selected starting window
- Anyone who feeling sick, who has been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has a pending or positive COVID-19 test result will not be allowed to participate
- Results will not be available onsite, but will be immediately available online through the race website
We are onto year number six of one of our favorite 5K’s! The Pig Pounder 5K offers a fun, fast and USATF Certified course, with an awesome after party! Come on out for this fun afternoon 5K with post race beer, family-friendly activities, and awesome prizes. This is a stroller-friendly race, so bring the kids along! All racers will get an awesome custom race shirt, race photos, live music, awesome prizes, and our over 21 years old will get 2 Pig Pounder beers! Pound some pavements and then pound some Pig Pounders!
Medals: This race is the 4th race in the 7 medal Trivium Mega Medal Series! Don’t miss out, sign up for all seven and all of your medals will connect to make one giant medal!
|Finishers Medal||Series Medal|
Run your race and let your kids (ages 4-14) have fun at Crazy Running Camp. They will be participating in a Crazy Running practice and have the opportunity to craft, read and play games. With every registration, you will receive a $5 voucher applicable toward a future Crazy Running Program (apply one voucher per child per session). Sign up early because spots are limited, childcare registration will close 5 days before race day. If spots are open, it will remain first come, first serve on race day.
We also invite you to check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pigpounder5k.
Each and every year Pig Pounder has been a big supporter of our events and we are thankful to have them on board!!
When and Where
Sunday September 6th, 2020
Pig Pounder Brewery
1107 Grecade St.
greensboro , NC 27408
Limited parking will be available at Pig Pounder. Plan on leaving time to park at neighboring businesses that are closed on Sunday or at RED Cinema (1305 Battleground Ave Greensboro, NC 27408) and walk two blocks to the starting line.
Schedule of Events
Race Day – Sunday, Sept 6th
- Packet Pick up – When you show up for your start wave (see below)
- Individual Starts – Between 12pm and 5pm (You will sign up for a start block when you register for the race, you can start anytime within that hour. Each block is limited to 50 people. )
- Course and Bar Closes – 6:00pm
|Event||Until Feb 15th||Until June 20th||Until Race Day|
*What is Economy pricing? We know many of you love to race, but you have all of the race shirts and finishers medals you could ever want. We also know that the price of racing has gone up! Our economy package allows you to sign up for a cheaper price, still get the same great race and awards, but without the race shirt, medal or post race beers!
What You Get With Your Registration
- One beer ticket for Pig Pounder’s Beer!
- Race photos
- Live results
- Unique awards
- Custom 2020 Pig Pounder 5K Shirts
Medals: This race is the 4th race in the 7 Mega Medal series of 2020! All 7 medals will connect magnetically to make one giant medal! Take a look below! for links to all of the other races and more pictures click here!
Two beer tickets for Pig Pounder’s Beer! Custom 2019 Pig Pounder 5K Shirts Medal #4 in the Trivium Mega Medal Mural Series
- Race photos
- Live results
- Unique awards
- The Race the Bar 5K will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Awards will be given to the 3 overall males and females as well as the top 3 overall masters (40+) males and females.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Points towards The Trivium Running Series. Series awards for top 3 males and females in the following categories: open, 19 and under, 20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+
- Awards will be available for pick up after race day once all finishers are in and results are finalized!
This course will not be closed to traffic for the 2020 event. Please be mindful while you run!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.