The inaugural event for The Race the Bar Series for the third year in a row will be The Pig Pounder 5K! Come on out and race on this beautiful USATF Certified 5K course! With beer, bands and great prizes this is the only place to be on the afternoon of April 23rd!
When and Where
Sunday April 23rd, 2017
Pig Pounder Brewery
1107 Grecade St.
Greensboro , NC 27408
Limited parking will be available at Pig Pounders. Plan on leaving time to park at Red Cinemas (1305 Battleground Ave Greensboro, NC 27408) and walk two blocks to the starting line.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pickup: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Fleet Feet Greensboro
- Packet Pick-Up – 2:00 – 3:40pm
- Race Start – 4:00pm
- Course Closes – 5:30pm
- Awards – 5:00pm
|First 20 registrants!||Through February 15th||Through March 31st||Through Race Day|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Two beer tickets for Pig Pounder’s Beer!
- Entry to after party and concert!
- Live results
- Unique awards
- Finishers Prizes! (there is a unique one for each race in the Race the Bar Series. Do every race to complete the set! If you do each race in the series you will also be given a special award at the end of series party!)
- For years Race the Bar has been stocking your cupboards with finishers glasses but leaving rings on your table. NO MORE! This year our finishers prizes will be coloring book coasters complete with colored pencils! If you complete all five events you will also receive a custom coaster holder at the end of season party!
- Custom race shirt (Men’s and Women’s sizing) – Shirts only guaranteed for registrations made by April 12th
- The Race the Bar 5K will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers of the 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: open, 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Points towards The Race the Bar four race series. Series awards for top 3 males and females in the following categories: open, 19 and under, 20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+
PhotosAlbum ID was empty
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer