This is the fourth year this event has been a part of the Race the Bar Series, and it has regularly been one of the largest events in the series! We are revamping the course in 2018 slightly and we think you will like the new course just as much as the old one! We are looking at some changes to the entertainment for 2018, so keep your eyes peeled to the website to see what fun running community event will be associated with The Pig Pounder 5K this year!
Each registrant will receive a 2018 finishers glass, custom Pig Pounder 5K shirt, live results, 2 free beers, and an awesome race!
Looking for other fun events, check these out!
When and Where
Sunday April 22nd, 2018
Pig Pounder Brewery
1107 Grecade St.
Greensboro , NC 27408
Limited parking will be available at Pig Pounders. Plan on leaving time to park at Red Cinemas (1305 Battleground Ave Greensboro, NC 27408) and walk two blocks to the starting line.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pickup:
- Friday, 4/20/18 from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet Greensboro
Race Day, Sunday, 4/22/18
- Packet Pick-Up – 2:00 – 3:40pm
- Race Start – 4:00pm
- Course Closes – 5:30pm
- Awards – 5:00pm
|Type||Until February 15th||Through March 31st||Through Race Day|
|5K||$30 $25*||$35 $25*||$40 $25*|
* The cost of racing is going up for everyone (both racers and race directors). We want to make sure every one of our races is accessible to every athlete. If you are not interested in a finisher’s glass, beer tickets, or race shirt, please select the economic option to still have an amazing race experience at a much reduced cost without the goodies!
What You Get With Your Registration
- Two beer tickets for Pig Pounder’s Beer!
- Entry to after party!
- Live results
- Unique awards
- Finishers Glass! (there is a unique one for each race in the Race the Bar Series. Do every race to complete the set! If you do each race in the series you will also be given a special award at the end of series party!)
- The Race the Bar 5K will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers of the 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: open, 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Points towards The Race the Bar race series. Series awards for top 3 males and females in the following categories: open, 19 and under, 20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+
We have a new course for 2018. It is a bit flatter, and should be a ton of fun! We will be certifying this course over the winter, so this will be a USATF Certified Event again!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer