We are back for year two! Who doesn’t love finishing a run with a great micro-brewed beer with friends? Olde Mecklenburg will provide the beer and the atmosphere and Trivium Racing will set up a great 5k course and bring the band! You do not want to miss out on this unique race with bottle-opener medals and a chance to take home a full growler as a prize!
When and Where
Sunday September 4th, 2016
Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
4150 Yancey Rd
Charlotte , NC 48216
Parking will be available in the Olde Mecklenburg Brewery parking lot and on surrounding side streets. Parking will not be allowed on any streets along the run course.
Schedule of Events
- 3:00 – 4:45pm – Packet pick-up & ID check
- 5:00pm – Race starts
- 6:00pm – (approximately) Awards
- 6:10pm – All athletes off the course
- 7:00pm – Event ends
- $27 – November 1st – April 30th
- $32 – May 1st – June 30th
- $37 – through race day
What You Get With Your Registration
- soft cotton T-shirt
- 2 beer tickets and post race munchies
- Entry to live music
- Finisher’s medal
- The Growler Gallop 5K will be chip timed by Trivium Racing
- Finishers awards will be given to all finishers 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- 1st place in age groups: A growler of Olde Mecklenburg’s finest beer! (under 21 awards will vary)
- 2nd and 3rd place in age group: Unique local and/or beer-related prizes!
Our course will be marked with turn stickers on the road and volunteers at every corner.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer