Same great event, same great beer, new location! The Growler Gallop will be moving with Gibbs Hundred Brewery down to State Street! Come on out for the second half of the Trivium Running Series Season and run the Growler Gallop 5K or 10K! Both courses will be USATF certified and will have awesome finishers prizes, beer, and entertainment! If you are doing the 10K you will have the chance to win growlers and howlers of beer as age group and overall prizes!
New in 2018 – We will be screening Ferris Bueller’s Day Off after the race when the sun goes down! Entry to the movie is included with your race registration and friends and family are welcome to join as well!
Other Events You May Enjoy:
When and Where
Sunday August 26th, 2018
Gibbs Hundred Brewery
504 State Street
Greensboro , NC
Parking will be available in nearby public lots or on city streets as long as they are not part of the course. Please mind Private Parking and Special Event No Parking signs!
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick Up, Friday, August 24th:
- 4-7pm – Fleet Feet Greensboro (3731 Lawndale Dr)
Race Day Schedule, Sunday, August 26th:
- 2:30 – 4:40pm – Athlete registration and packet pickup
- 5:00 pm – 10k race start
- 5:10 pm – 5k race start
- 6:30 pm – 10k Awards
- 8:20 pm – Outdoor Movie Screening – this year’s movie will be Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
|Event||Through April 30th||Through July 31st||Through Race Day|
*Due to costs and logistics, the price of the race has increased this year. We are sorry for the increased price, but the costs of hosting events continues to rise. We will continue to put on the best events possible and make our events well worth the money you put into them! If you are not interested in a finisher’s glass, beer tickets, or race shirt, and just want to race an amazing event please choose the economy package for a discounted event cost without the goodies.
What You Get With Your Registration
- A custom Growler Gallop Shirt (must register by August 12th to guarantee a shirt)
- Two tickets for Gibbs Hundred Beer (must be 21 years old or older)
- Entry to outdoor movie after the race
- A custom Race the Bar finishers Glass
- Complimentary Bag/Key Check provided by Fleet Feet Sports Greensboro/High Point
- Finisher’s awards will be given to all finishers of the 10K and 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the 10K Race only (no age group awards for the 5K distance): 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- 1st place in 10K age groups: A growler of Gibb’s Hundred’s finest beer! (under 21 awards will vary)
- 2nd and 3rd place in 10K age group: Unique local and/or beer-related prizes!
- Series points for the Race the Bar Series – Points starting at 500 for first place in the 5k and starting at 600 for first place in the 10k
- Series points for the Trivium Running Series – Double points for the 10k and regular points for the 5k
- Points towards the Club and Corporate Cup Challenge
Our 5K fun run course is extremely scenic and not to be missed! Check it out!
Check out the new 10K course for this years Growler Gallop! This is a two loop 10K through the scenic Irving Park Country Club neighborhood!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer