Beer and running just go better together! And what a better way to enjoy them, than by running a great downtown race and then listening to a live band while drinking a delicious local microbrew from Soaring Ridge Craft Brewers!
When and Where
Sunday October 23rd, 2016
Soaring Ridge Craft Brewers
523 Shenandoah Ave
Roanoke , VA 24016
Parking will be available on local side streets. Please arrive early to allow time to get to the starting line.
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick Up, Saturday, October 22nd:
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM @ Fleet Feet Sports Roanoke (4347 Franklin Rd, Roanoke, VA 24018)
Race Day, Sunday, October 23rd:
- 1:30 – 3:40pm – Athlete registration and packet pickup
- 4:00pm – 5k race start
- 5:10pm – Awards
- 5:30pm – Course Closes
- $25 – until May 30th
- $32 – until July 31st
- $37 – until September 30th
- $42 – until Race Day
What You Get With Your Registration
- Soft cotton short sleeved shirt
- 2 beer tickets for Soaring Ridge craft beer and post race munchies
- Entry to live music
- Finisher’s award
- The Growler Gallop 5K will be chip timed by Trivium Racing with live results.
- Finisher’s awards will be given to all finishers of the 5K event.
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the 5K: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- 1st place in 5K age groups: A growler of Soaring Ridge’s finest beer! (under 21 awards will vary)
- 2nd and 3rd place in 5K age groups: Unique local and/or beer-related prizes!
- We are getting close to Halloween so we will also have a prize for best costume!
The course for 2016 has changed due to a major construction project near the route.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.