And now for something completely different! This event is a celebratory event for the last event in the Beer Flight Race Series. We will have five locations around Grand Rapids that athletes will run, walk, or pub-crawl to. If you haven’t done this before, get ready for something amazing, because this isn’t your average race (or your average bar crawl)! The bars included for 2017 are The Knickerbocker by New Holland, City Built Brewing, Garage Bar and Grill, Grand Rapids Brewing Co, and The Grand Woods Lounge. At each location, runners will get a beer and a stamp of completion. Do it for speed, do it for fun, do it for the beer, or do it for all three! There is no set route, although we will give you our recommendation and a “best way” that is marked on the roads. Whether you take our route or not, you will have find your way from bar to bar. Those running just to run are still required to check in at each bar and get their stamp. The drinking at each bar is not required for the race portion and runners can get their stamp and carry on. If you don’t get your beer on the way through the first time, you will have a designated amount of time to go back and drink your beer after the finish. But you must have checked in at each bar in order to be eligible for awards!
The only rules are that you must be on foot the whole way, keep your beer in the designated areas, and you obey all traffic laws (the roads won’t be closed like a regular race!). We will have a the start and finish line at the Knickerbocker where you will receive a finisher’s award to complete your Beer Flight Series collection. We will also have awards for the fastest finishers in the Racing, Running and Drinking, and Crawling categories. Why not join us as we sample some of the best beers in Grand Rapids while enjoying a running tour of the town?
When and Where
Sunday August 6th, 2017
The Knickerbocker by New Holland
417 Bridge St NW
Grand Rapids , MI
The race will start and finish at the Knickerbocker by New Holland.
Parking will be available in any public parking or street parking in the area. Make sure you leave enough time to park and check in before the Crawl starts!
See the Course Maps tab for more details on the bars included in the course.
Schedule of Events
There will be no early packet pick up for this event
August 6th, 2017
- Race Day Packet Pickup: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Knickerbocker by New Holland
- Prerace announcements: 6:05 pm
- Racers Start: 6:15 pm
- Crawlers Start: 6:20 pm
- Awards: 8:00pm (we may award the Racer category sooner if all participants are across the line)
- Finish Line Closes: 8:15pm (must make it to the finish line by this time to get your finisher’s award!)
- Beer Tickets Expire: 10:00pm (last chance to get back to any of the bars on the course and redeem your beer ticket)
|Through March 31st||Through May 31st||Through July 14th||Through Race Day|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Custom Race to the Bar Crawl Shirt
- One beer at each bar along the route!
- Live results and awards
- Finishers Glass – 4th in the series! Remember, if you do all four races in the series and collect all four glasses you will receive a custom paddle on which to display them!
- Awards for the top 3 overall males and females in the Racing without Drinking Category
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the Racing without Drinking Category: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Awards for the top 3 individuals who race in the Running and Drinking category, and the Crawl category
- The Knickerbocker – 417 Bridge St NW – Serving any of their Mainstay or Seasonal brews
- City Built Brewing – 820 Monroe Ave NW – Serving their GR Fjord brew
- Garage Bar and Grill – 819 Ottawa Ave – Serving Rolling Rock
- Grand Rapids Brewing Co – 1 Ionia St SW – Serving their Silver Foam brew
- The Grand Woods Lounge – 77 Grandville Ave SW – Serving either Bell’s Oberon or Arcadia’s Whitsun
These are the locations of the bars along the course.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.