We are excited to be a part of the Dearborn Homecoming Festival events for a fifth year. This is a great location with a mostly flat, fast course. The course is a USATF certified 5k and we will continue to have have each decade race against each other. In 2016 the 80’s decade won and in 2017 the 90’s decade won, in 2018 the race was once again won by the 80’s! In 2019 the 2000s won, which would normally mean they got to choose the music and the shirt style, but their parents called, told them to “turn that racket down”, and long story short, it is going to be 60s themed in 2020!! Check out the scoring method, leveling the playing field for all decades!
Each person will receive 5 points for the decade the register for, just for finishing the race! Then we will Age Grade the finish times for the race to level the playing field and award the following points for the top finishers in each gender based on the age graded results –
|6th – 100th||248 (descending by 2 points per place)|
|101st – 160th||59 (descending by 1 point per place)|
This race will be a part of the Trivium Mega Medal as well as a part of the Trivium Individual Race Series and the Club Cup Race Series! The medals together will form a daisy for this years race. And keeping with the natural vintage theme, the 6 petal medals will be made of wood. The big medallion medal in the middle (Growler Gallop 10 Mile and 5k) will be made of metal and will have connection spots for each of the other race medals!
|5K Finishers Medal||Mega Medal Series|
When and Where
Sunday August 9th, 2020
Ford Field Park Dearborn
500 Brady Street
dearborn , MI 48124
Parking may always be a headache at homecoming, but not for our 5K runners! You will get first crack at Sunday morning parking right at Ford Field and will not be charged. (This alone might make it worth coming early and running with us!) Parking will be at the baseball fields at the corner of Brady and Monroe Street.
Schedule of Events
Race Day –
- Packet Pickup: 6:30 am 7:40 am (early packet pickup will be added if the race size goes over 500 participants)
- 5k Pre-race meeting: 7:50 am
- 5k Start: 8:00 am
- Awards: 9:10 am
|Event||Through 3/31||Through 6/30||Through Race Day|
|Virtual||$25||$25||$28 (Through 7/27)|
*Due to costs and logistics, the price of the race has increased this year. We will continue to put on the best events possible and make our events well worth the money you put into them! If you are not interested in a medal or race shirt, and just want to race an amazing event please choose the economy package for a discounted event cost without the race amenities.
What You Get With Your Registration
- A custom Dearborn Homecoming 5K Shirt (must register 10 days before the event to guarantee a shirt)(2018 shirt shown)
- 2020 Mega Medal Series Finishers Medal: The Dearborn Homecoming race will be the fourth race in the Trivium Southeast Michigan Mega Medal Series in 2020! The medals together will form a daisy for this years race. And keeping with the natural vintage theme, the 6 petal medals will be made of wood. The big medallion medal in the middle (Growler Gallop 10 Mile and 5k) will be made of metal and will have connection spots for each of the other race medals!
5K Finishers Medal Mega Medal Series
- Awesome awards
- Live results
- Post race food and drinks
- Awesome awards
- Live results
- Post race food and drinks
- Virtual registrations must be made by 7/29 and results must be submitted by 8/3.
- Registrants will receive a race shirt and medal via mail within 10 days after the race date.
Regular Awards: Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. Awards will also be given to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the 5K: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Decades Awards: Each person will receive 5 points for the decade the register for, just for finishing the race! Then we will Age Grade the finish times for the race to level the playing field and award the following points for the top finishers in each gender based on the age graded results –
- 1st – 500
- 2nd – 400
- 3rd – 350
- 4th – 300
- 5th – 250
- 6th to 100th – 248 (descending by 2 points per place)
- 101st to 160th – 59 (descending by 1 point per place)
- The Dearborn Homecoming Festival – featuring three days of free musical performances, two nights of spectacular fireworks, live entertainers, inflatable rides, and family friendly games; a carnival; and a variety of ethnic and American food options. Homecoming also is the premier fundraising event for many Dearborn non-profit organizations.
- Dearborn’s Art In Public Places – funding a variety of outdoor sculptures on display across Dearborn and student art and writing workshops in partnership.
- Youth In Arts Dearborn Festival with the Dearborn Public Schools – featuring a student art exhibit, instrumental and vocal music and dance performances.
- Pockets of Perception (POP) – public art project in which local high school students work with instructors to design and install a permanent public art project.
Dearborn Community Fund is a 501c3 non-profit organization that supports arts, cultural and recreational programs that enhance quality of life and contribute to the vibrancy of the city of Dearborn, Michigan by supporting arts, recreational and cultural projects and activities across the city. In partnership with the City of Dearborn and other community organizations, the Fund takes a leadership role in presenting programs and opportunities such as:
The DCF is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Donations to the Fund are tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
We will have a slightly different course for 2020 that should be even faster than previous years and should remove any two directional running traffic! This course will be USATF certified.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.