We are excited to be a part of the Dearborn Homecoming Festival events for a fourth year. This is a great location with a mostly flat, fast course. In 2018, the course will be USATF certified and we will continue to have have each decade race against each other. In 2016 the 80’s decade won and in 2017 the 90’s decade won, in 2018 the race was once again won by the 80’s! That means 2019 will once again be 80s themed. But check out the new scoring method, leveling the playing field for all decades!
Each person will receive 5 points for the decade the register for, just for finishing the race! Then we will Age Grade the finish times for the race to level the playing field and award the following points for the top finishers in each gender based on the age graded results –
|6th – 100th||248 (descending by 2 points per place)|
|101st – 160th||59 (descending by 1 point per place)|
2019 Mega Medal Series!
The Dearborn Homecoming race will be the third race in the Trivium Southeast Michigan Mega Medal Series in 2019! All six medals will magnetically connect to create one giant 3-D medal! This years medal will make the famous Giant Uniroyal Tire! To see all of the medals click here
When and Where
Sunday August 4th, 2019
500 Brady Street
Dearborn , MI 48124
Parking may always be a headache at homecoming, but not for our 5K runners! You will get first crack at Sunday morning parking right at Ford Field and will not be charged. (This alone might make it worth coming early and running with us!) Parking will be at the baseball fields at the corner of Brady and Monroe Street.
Schedule of Events
Race Day – Sunday, Aug 4th
- Packet Pickup: 6:30 am 7:40 am
- 5k Pre-race meeting: 7:50 am
- 5k Start: 8:00 am
- Awards: 9:10 am
|Event||Through March 31st||Through June 30th||Through Race Day|
|Virtual||$25||$25||$25 (through July 29th)|
*Due to costs and logistics, the price of the race has increased this year. We will continue to put on the best events possible and make our events well worth the money you put into them! If you are not interested in a medal or race shirt, and just want to race an amazing event please choose the economy package for a discounted event cost without the race amenities.
What You Get With Your Registration
- A custom Dearborn Homecoming 5K Shirt (must register 10 days before the event to guarantee a shirt)(2018 shirt shown)
- 2019 Mega Medal Series Finishers MedalThe Dearborn Homecoming race will be the third race in the Trivium Southeast Michigan Mega Medal Series in 2019! All six medals will magnetically connect to create one giant 3-D medal! This years medal will make the famous Giant Uniroyal Tire! To see all of the medals click here
- Awesome awards
- Live results
- Post race food and drinks
- Awesome awards
- Live results
- Post race food and drinks
- Virtual registrations must be made by 7/29 and results must be submitted by 8/3.
- Registrants will receive a race shirt and medal via mail within 10 days after the race date.
- Regular Awards: Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. Awards will also be given to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the 5K: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Decade Awards:
- The Dearborn Homecoming Festival – featuring three days of free musical performances, two nights of spectacular fireworks, live entertainers, inflatable rides, and family friendly games; a carnival; and a variety of ethnic and American food options. Homecoming also is the premier fundraising event for many Dearborn non-profit organizations.
- Dearborn’s Art In Public Places – funding a variety of outdoor sculptures on display across Dearborn and student art and writing workshops in partnership.
- Youth In Arts Dearborn Festival with the Dearborn Public Schools – featuring a student art exhibit, instrumental and vocal music and dance performances.
- Pockets of Perception (POP) – public art project in which local high school students work with instructors to design and install a permanent public art project.
Dearborn Community Fund is a 501c3 non-profit organization that supports arts, cultural and recreational programs that enhance quality of life and contribute to the vibrancy of the city of Dearborn, Michigan by supporting arts, recreational and cultural projects and activities across the city. In partnership with the City of Dearborn and other community organizations, the Fund takes a leadership role in presenting programs and opportunities such as:
The DCF is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Donations to the Fund are tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
This gorgeous course will take you out and back starting at the Dearborn Homecoming Festival and out along the Rouge River Greenway.
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer