We are excited to be a part of the Dearborn Homecoming Festival events for a third year. This is a great location with a mostly flat, fast course. In 2018, the course will be USATF certified and we will continue to have have each decade race against each other. In 2016 the 80’s decade won and in 2017 the 90’s decade won! That means the 2018 event will be 90’s themed. Its going to be all that and a bag of chips, dude!
During registration, participants will be prompted to sign up as a member of a specific decade. This is whichever decade you most associate with the Dearborn area. If you are not from Dearborn, you can sign up as whichever decade you graduated high school. We will crown a winning decade based on points scored during the race.
Each participant will receive 5 points for their decade just for finishing! The top 3 males and females will earn 500, 300, 200 respectively for their decade. Within each 5 year age group, the top ten people of each gender will score points as well – 200, 175, 160, 150, 140, 100, 90, 80, 70, 50 respectively.
Mega Medal Series:
Dearborn Homecoming 5K is the third race in the Trivium Michigan Medal Series! If you complete all events in the medal series you will earn a bonus “finishers” medal to complete the series! All the medals connect together magnetically to create a massive medal!! If you are going to miss an event you can also sign up for the “virtual race” and still get a medal and bib! (details on the next page)
Events in the Michigan Medal Series:
1) Prove It 5K – 5/12/18
2) Trenton Event (coming soon) – 6/23/18
3) Dearborn Homecoming 5K – 8/5/18
4) Growler Gallop 10 mile and 5K – 9/30/18
5) Black Toenail Friday 7.5 and 13.1 – 11/23/17
6) Finishers Medal! (Given out at the end of season party)
(shown is the 2017 mega medal, 2018 coming soon)
Other Events You May Enjoy:
When and Where
Sunday August 5th, 2018
500 Brady Street
Dearborn , MI 48124
Parking may always be a headache at homecoming, but 5K runners will get first crack at Sunday morning parking right at Ford Field and will not be charged. (This alone might make it worth coming early and running with us!) Parking will be at the baseball fields at the corner of Brady and Monroe Street.
Schedule of Events
Virtual Event : August 4th
- All registrations from the virtual event must be completed by July 29th.
- Runners competing virtually will not be eligible for awards or included in official results. Completion of the race distance must be done by August 5th. Medals, shirts, and your race bib will be sent out within 10 days of the actual race. Once you have completed the distance you can email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your finishers award!
Race Day – Sunday, Aug 5th
- Packet Pickup: 6:30 am 7:40 am
- 5k Pre-race meeting: 7:50 am
- 5k Start: 8:00 am
- 1 mile Fun Run Start: 8:00 am (due to low number of 1 milers, it will start at the same time as the 5K on race day)
- Awards: 9:10 am
|Event||Through April 30th||Through July 1st||Through Race Day|
|1 Mile Fun Run||$15||$18||$18|
|Virtual||$20||$20||$20(through July 29th)|
*Due to costs and logistics, the price of the race has increased this year. We are sorry for the increased price, but the costs of hosting events continues to rise. We will continue to put on the best events possible and make our events well worth the money you put into them! If you are not interested in a medal or race shirt, and just want to race an amazing event please choose the economy package for a discounted event cost.
What You Get With Your Registration
- A custom Dearborn Homecoming 5K Shirt (must register by July 27th to guarantee a shirt)
- A custom Dearborn Homecoming bib number
- Live results
- Post race food and drinks
- A Dearborn Homecoming 5K Custom Medal!
Dearborn Homecoming 5K is the third race in the Trivium Michigan Medal Series! If you complete all the events in the medal series you will earn a bonus “finishers” medal to complete the series! All the medals connect together magnetically to create a massive medal!! If you are going to miss an event you can also sign up for the “virtual race” and still get a medal and bib! (2017 medal shown)
- Regular Awards: Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. Awards will also be given to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in the 5K: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Decade Awards: Each participant will receive 5 points for their decade just for finishing! The top 3 males and females will earn 500, 300, 200 respectively for their decade. Within each 5 year age group, the top ten people of each gender will score points for their decade as well – 200, 175, 160, 150, 140, 100, 90, 80, 70, 50 respectively.
- The Dearborn Homecoming Festival – featuring three days of free musical performances, two nights of spectacular fireworks, live entertainers, inflatable rides, and family friendly games; a carnival; and a variety of ethnic and American food options. Homecoming also is the premier fundraising event for many Dearborn non-profit organizations.
- Dearborn’s Art In Public Places – funding a variety of outdoor sculptures on display across Dearborn and student art and writing workshops in partnership.
- Youth In Arts Dearborn Festival with the Dearborn Public Schools – featuring a student art exhibit, instrumental and vocal music and dance performances.
- Pockets of Perception (POP) – public art project in which local high school students work with instructors to design and install a permanent public art project.
Dearborn Community Fund is a 501c3 non-profit organization that supports arts, cultural and recreational programs that enhance quality of life and contribute to the vibrancy of the city of Dearborn, Michigan by supporting arts, recreational and cultural projects and activities across the city. In partnership with the City of Dearborn and other community organizations, the Fund takes a leadership role in presenting programs and opportunities such as:
The DCF is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Donations to the Fund are tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
This gorgeous course will take you out and back starting at the Dearborn Homecoming Festival and out along the Rouge River Greenway.
In 2018 this course will be USATF Certified!
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer