Now heading into its third year, it is safe to say this event is becoming a new Thanksgiving weekend tradition! Each of the last two year’s events have sold out, so do not wait until the last minute to sign up! Relax on Thanksgiving and hit the trails for your holiday running race on Black Friday with Trivium Racing for our half marathon! This race will be taking place on the beautiful trails of Proud Lake State Recreation Area. The trails are well groomed and have very little in the way of hills! Drop the family at the mall, and come on out for a great race. One of the best parts about The Black Toenail Friday Half and 7.5 mile race is that you can sleep in. With a 11:00 AM start time, you can relax and enjoy Thanksgiving knowing you have plenty of time before the starting gun goes off!
The half marathon is a two loop Half while the 7.5 mile course is a 1 lap version of the half marathon, same great course, sweatshirt and medal with a lot less work!
Other Events You May Enjoy:
When and Where
Friday November 23rd, 2018
Proud Lake State Recreation Area
Proudlakerec Road, RV Campground/Lake Access Area
Commerce Charter Township , MI 48382
There will be tons of parking available right at the starting area, which is in the RV campground, please make sure you use the correct address as the starting line is not near the main entrance!
This is a state park so to enter the state park you will need either a State Park Passport (good at all parks all year) or pay for a one day entry upon arrival. This money will be collected at the gate. In previous years they have waved this fee to encourage people to “get outdoors” on Black Friday. We will not know if they are doing this again until later in 2018.
Schedule of Events
November 21st: (Virtual Event)
All registrations for the virtual event must be completed by November 15th.
- Runners competing virtually will not be eligible for awards. Completion of the race distance must be done by November 21st. Medals, race shirt, and race bib will be sent out within 10 days of completion of the race. Once you have completed the distance you can email your results to email@example.com to get your finishers award!
Race Day – November 23rd:
Note: Technically this is hunting season. Hunters will be warned in the weeks leading up to the race that runners will be coming through. The park has stated that, while they are not concerned (trails are still open to hikers and runners during hunting season and hunters are always aware of this.) runners may want to wear bright colors for additional visibility.
- 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM – Packet Pickup
- 10:45 AM – Pre-race Meeting at the start line
- 11:00 AM – Half Marathon AND 7.5 Mile Start
- 1:00 PM – 7.5 – Mile awards
- 2:00 PM – Half Marathon Awards
- 2:30 PM – Race Cut-off Time (If a runner has fallen far off-pace by the second lap, they may be pulled off the course by event staff)
|Distance||Through March 31st||Through July 31st||Through October 31st||Through Race Day|
|Virtual||$32||$32||$32||$32 (through Nov 15th)|
* The cost of racing is going up for everyone (both racers and race directors). We want to make sure every one of our races is accessible to every athlete. If you are not interested in a medal, custom bib, or race hoodie, please select the Economy Package to still have an amazing race experience at a much reduced cost, but without all the goodies!
What You Get With Your Registration
- Custom Black Toenail Friday Hoodie
- Custom Black Toenail Friday Finishers Medal
- Awesome post-race food and drinks
- Live Results
- The greatest excuse to not be out shopping all day
- Both the Half Marathon and 7.5 mile event will be chip timed.
- Finisher medals to everyone who completes the trail half marathon and 7.5 miler.
- Awards for top three overall males and females in the Half Marathon and 7.5 Mile event
- Awards for top three males and females in the following age groups in both races– 14 & under; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+
- Special points for those competing as part of a select Running Club or Corporate Team (make sure to register as part of that team so you get the points!)
Half Marathon Map. Click on the file to download a PDF map of the course. The course is beautiful trails with a very small amount of elevation change. The course will have four waterstops, and you will pass each twice, giving you a total of eight waterstops on this course
Waterstop 1 (mile 1.5) Water and Gatorade
Waterstop 2 (mile 2.5) Water and Gatorade
Waterstop 3 (mile 4.3) Water and Gels
Waterstop 4 (mile 5.3) Water and Gatorade
Waterstop 5 (mile 7.3) Water and Gatorade
Waterstop 6 (mile 8.3) Water and Gatorade
Waterstop 7 (mile 10.1) Water and Gels
Waterstop 8 (mile 11.1) Water and GatoradeCourse Map
2017 ATHLETE GUIDE!Course Map
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees). Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy. To request a refund, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Transfer policy: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee. T-shirt size will not be changeable. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. To request a transfer, please contact us on our Contact page and select “Registration” as the reason for your message.
Want to get involved in this event as a volunteer? We’d love for you to be a part of it!
If you have any questions about supporting our races, please drop us a line on the Contact page. Thanks!Register to Volunteer