Trivium Racing Covid Plan procedure1.27
We will be working closely with the state and local authorities to implement all necessary Covid measures to have a safe in-person event. Modifications may include removal of post race activities, wave starts, and modified courses. We cannot predict what March will look like in terms of the current pandemic, but we are committed to doing everything we can to host a live event. Please make sure you are aware of our refund policy (found both on the registration page and under our rules page) prior to signing up. We hope to see everyone in March!
In 2019 we premiered the Blackbeard’s Revenge 100 Mile, 100 mile relay and 100 Kilometer race. It was an awesome first year and we are excited to have the event back again in 2021! This point to point race will take athletes the length of the Outer Banks from Corolla to Hatteras.
Why the name “Revenge”, you ask? The Outer Banks are finicky. Temperatures could be 80 or they could be 30 degrees. Winds could be calm but will most likely be much higher. This course is flat, but it can also be lonely and seem never-ending at times. This event is going to be fun, but I promise, it WILL test you! Come on out and try the 100 mile or 100 K race. If you are not ready for those distances yet, make your way to the Outer Banks as a relay and have some fun running with us! The course is 100% paved road with beautiful views, friendly people, and great memories all along the way!
Please read this Athlete Guide before you register for the race to make sure it’s the right event for you!
We also invite you to check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bbrevenge100.
When and Where
Saturday March 27th, 2021
Historic Corolla Park
1160 Village Ln.
Corolla , NC 27926
Please make sure you check out the ever-updating athlete guide regarding parking. Athletes will have plenty of spots to park near both start lines. At aid stations and relay exchange zones, make sure you are parked in lots and not illegally on the side of the road or in someone’s yard. If you are a part of a crew or a relay please do not hang out in lots for long periods of time, so that others can access their athletes as well.
Schedule of Events
- 5:30 pm: Mandatory 100 Mile Pre-race Meeting, Location TBD
- 6:30 pm: Pre-race Dinner for all registered runners, Location TBD
- 5:30 – 7:30 pm: Gear check and bag drop-off for both distances at dinner
March 27th :
- 4:00 am: assemble at 100 mile start line (Historic Corolla Park, 1160 Village Lane, Corolla, NC)
- 5:00 am: 100 mile race start
- 8:00 am: assemble at 100 Kilometer start line (Jennette’s Pier, 7223 S. Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head, NC)
- 9:00 am: Mandatory 100k athlete meeting at start line
- 9:30 am: 100 kilometer race start
- 1:00 pm: finish line closes
- 2:00 pm: course cleared and clean
Post Race Shuttle
We will be providing limited shuttle service after the race to take runners from the finish line back to either start line for $20 per rider. This will be an additional option to add-on during registration.
Estimated shuttle schedule (this may vary slightly based on number of runners needing a shuttle) –
- Shuttle 1 – 12:30am
- Shuttle 2 – 4:30am
- Shuttle 3 – 8:30am
- Shuttle 4 – 1:00pm
|Event||Until July 15th||Until December 1st||Until March 17th|
|100 Mile Relay (per registrant)||$120||$135||$150|
What You Get With Your Registration
- Entry into the 2021 Blackbeard’s Revenge Race
- Race Photography
- Accurate Race Results
- Custom 2021 Blackbeard’s Revenge Tech Shirt
- Custom 2021 Blackbeard’s Revenge Finishers Medal (100 K and 100 Mile Relay) or Finishers Belt Buckle (100 Mile)
- Unique Race awards
- Custom race bib with your Pirate name on it!
- Well stocked aid stations and finish line food
- Pre-race dinner
- RaceJoy on-course tracking
There is certainly no lack of lodging options on the Outer Banks, especially since the race takes place during the off-season. But we do have a couple of specials just for our participants!
- 1601 S Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- $69 for 2 Double Beds Streetside Room
- $109 for 2 Double Beds Oceanfront Room
- To book, call (252) 441-6333 and ask for the Blackbeard’s Revenge block!
- 8031 Old Oregon Inlet Rd, Nags Head, NC 27959
- $69 for 2 Double Beds Sound View Room
- $109 for 2 Double Beds Oceanfront Room
- To book, call (252) 441-6315 and ask for the Blackbeard’s Revenge block!
- Top 3 overall male and females in the 100 Mile and 100 Kilometer race
- Top 3 overall male and female masters in the 100 Mile and 100 Kilometer race
- 1st overall male relay teams
- 1st overall female relay teams
- 1st overall mixed relay teams (at least 2 females on each mixed team)
100K Course Map
100 Mile Course Map
Rules & Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency; public health emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.
Refunds: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event within 30 days of the event start date. Earlier than 30 days before the event, a request may be made for a 50% refund (this will be 50% of entry fee, excluding any processing fees).
SPECIAL COVID-19 CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In the event that the race is cancelled on or before February 15th due to Covid-19, athletes will receive an 80% refund. After this date no refunds will be available as the registration money will have already been spent in preparation of the race. If the event is cancelled, athletes will be able to do the event virtually, and will receive a discount to the subsequent event.
Deferrals: Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy.
Transfers: Entries can be transferred to another individual for a $5 transfer fee.
By registering for this race, you are agreeing to these policies.